Those of you who've upgraded your BlackBerry operating system to v4.5 likely know that the ... General Blackberry forum

AZA43 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Create Word, PowerPoint Files in Documents to Go for FREE

Advertisement

Those of you who've upgraded your BlackBerry operating system to v4.5 likely know that the new OS includes the standard edition of Documents to Go. The application lets you view, edit and save files in various formats; however, the standard edition doesn't let you create docs.

This blog post shows you how to create new Word and PowerPoint files via BlackBerry without shelling out the $70 it costs to buy the premium version of Documents to Go.

Check it out.

AZA

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Cool thanks for the info! I checked for a update and now have sheets to go, docks to go, and slideshow to go. Originally I only had slide show and word. I didn't relize a update was available. But I will try that little trick out. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pipewerkz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FA9856
    I've had this for a while on 4.5 but was always wondering why it was only word and powerpoint. After gixxerjoe mentioned the update, I opened word to go, hit menu, check for updates, found the free maintenance upgrade and downloaded it OTA 2.2MB.

Now I have word, power point and excel. All free too, what do you get with the premium version?

Or is this like one of those Windows type things? Kinda like Windows is expensive unless it comes with you PC or in this case OS?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I am not for sure what all docs to go premium does. I don't want to give false speculations on everything it does. With the free version you can download, save and edit word docs and such through email and like the above link said in the blog you can put a blank doc and save it to your documents folder then you can create a word doc. I know the premium version has the feature to just create on. But beyond that I am still learning this app. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Yeah, its not worth buying it for 70 bucks

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    thanks for the post

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    Thanks for sharing!!
    *CLASSY, not TRASHY*

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Yes.. It is cool. I haven't used it but it is up and running. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

armageddon513 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sweet! Great info.

AZA43 no está en línea Stack level 2

Documents To Go Premium...

I have to agree with the other Stackers on this thread: The Premium Edition of Documents To Go is not worth the $70 DataViz's charging per license. It's worth nothing, however, that eOffice, a comparable app from Quickoffice, is also $70, so this seems to be the norm.

Anyway, besides the ability to "officially" create new files, the premium version of the app gives you access to more formatting options in Word--bulleted and numbered lists for instance--as well as word count and spell check functionality.

For my purposes, the standard edition does the trick...especially since I now know how to create new files.

AZA

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    solid - great info!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64