Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was just surfing around and as any crackberry addict often does, I was searching ... General Blackberry forum

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

Cracked Screen? Never Fear

Advertisement

I was just surfing around and as any crackberry addict often does, I was searching for Blackberry Parts and Accessories. I found that Promobility sells just the screens, at least for the 8700. I did not search other models. http://www.promobility.com/index.asp...rry+Parts+Page. The lens is around 1/2 the price of the entire case. They also sell just the front of the case or the entire case. Complete with all the logos, just like new

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Thanks for the info!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    good find!

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    Anyone know how to change the LEDs on the keypad?

mrodaway no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203AB710
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow that's awesome. Now I can fix my cracked screen. I wonder how hard it is to replace the housing. Wish me luck!!!

jailbaitryan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E3AA4A
    Sorry! Hahaha! I was wondering b/c there's a bunch of parts for sale on these repair websites, maybe somebody knew how to take theirs apart.
    Anyways! That is a nice find... I don't see the 8100 parts on this website, though!

GlobalBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you need 8100 Parts, let us know, as we have some in stock.

Thx

GB

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by jailbaitryan
    Anyone know how to change the LEDs on the keypad?
    Yes...But it is very hard because they are built into the the actual piece of plastic that sits between the board and the keypad itself. You would have to replace that entire piece.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    how hard is it to replace the case? I found some instructions on how to do that, complete with pictures. I can PDF it if you would like. Send me a note if interested

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by mrodaway
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow that's awesome. Now I can fix my cracked screen. I wonder how hard it is to replace the housing. Wish me luck!!!
    Housing swap is not hard at all. Make sure you have a dust free enviroment and you remember where all the pieces went...

When swapping, you are also going to need to swap from the original housing to the 2nd housing:
    Plastic LED indicator thingie
    Front Ear Piece Speaker
    Rear SpeakerPhone Speaker
    Top buttons (the mute and power buttons)
    and something else but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head..

OH...Duh...The microphone...If you don't replace the microphone, you will be able to hear people but they won't be able to hear you...Trust me...I accidently forgot when I was doing a housing swap..HAH...

Ok, LAAAAAAATE friday evening I ordered two housing windows, screens, lens, whatever the heck you want to call it. Since I am in VA, USA and this is coming from Canada, I really expected some major delays. However I just recieved an email stating I should have them by Friday. Once I get them I will update, but so far I am very impressed with the service I am receiving. Especially this time of year!!!!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Quote Originally Posted by icancn2u
    Ok, LAAAAAAATE friday evening I ordered two housing windows, screens, lens, whatever the heck you want to call it. Since I am in VA, USA and this is coming from Canada, I really expected some major delays. However I just recieved an email stating I should have them by Friday. Once I get them I will update, but so far I am very impressed with the service I am receiving. Especially this time of year!!!!
    Where did you wind up ordering from?

promobility.com
    They are the only ones that list the lens only. That is all that is wrong with both of ours.

I got my new lenses. Ease of replacement -- Super Easy. They are a generic screen, in that there is no carrier logo, doesn't bother me. There is also No blackberry logo either. That I would like, not that I am a label ho, but I am a proud Blackberry user. This was amazing turn around time and I am quite satisfied with the transaction.

Pearlson16 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Cracked Screen? Never Fear

where can i find instruction on how to swap or change cover or housing on the 8100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast