I would suggest a couple new items...and surely I'll add to this thread when I ... General Blackberry forum

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Couple things (for the Pearl)

Advertisement

I would suggest a couple new items...and surely I'll add to this thread when I think of others

1) Turn off the damn keytone. These days it serves no purpose, and is a potential privacy issue.
    2a) Vary the auto-dim feature so that it's not just bright and dim based on available light. It should be on a sliding scale, so that the screen is always optimally displayed.
    2b) I'd like a feature to allow dimming of the screen while on the call (like on Motos). I personally like call timers and signal meters when I'm on the phone, since most of us have bluetooth headsets, it's not a crazy idea.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

Re: Couple things

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Some of these features are available now. There is a signal strength meter during calls and you can turn off the keytones on a BB pearl.

dacket no está en línea Stack level 1

My pearl came with the keytones off.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

That is a nice thing Dacket

Welcome to the Stacks!

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

When I say key tones, I mean the DTMF tones blaring through the speakers when you push the keys...

And yes I know there is a signal meter, but the display goes out after a few. I still have to push a button to bring the screen up again...

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by drummer12
    When I say key tones, I mean the DTMF tones blaring through the speakers when you push the keys...

And yes I know there is a signal meter, but the display goes out after a few. I still have to push a button to bring the screen up again...
    I hear you drummer. I think that is a great recommendation as it does get quite annoying!

lux
    lux no está en línea Stack level 2

I don't really have problems with the screen shutting off while I'm on the phone... Though I am often known to play brickbreaker while I'm on the phone... There could be a connection.

A feature I would appreciate would be timed profiles...and ability to trigger a profile with a calendar event so that I don't have to remember to put my phone on vibrate before every meeting