I know there was a BB outage this morning but now any of my text ... General Blackberry forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Could outage be deleting stuff?

Advertisement

I know there was a BB outage this morning but now any of my text messages or email from today are deleting themselfs. Is this from the outage. I have sent and recieved several text messages and read several emails from today. After a short time they are deleted from my inbox and I'm not deleting them. Why is this happening? Also noticed my phone log got deleted. I've done nothing today to cause this but it happened.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Could outage be deleting stuff?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ your bb's memory is getting full. You need to delete any apps you don't need, and themes. Move pictures and tunes to your memory card if you have one. And clean out the log, alt lglg. Try to keep as many apps as you can closed too. This should help.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had the same problem until I switched themes. The theme I was using prior started deleting texts last night and this morning. I switched back to the them I was using and now my texts don't delete themselves. I have plenty of memory on my phone.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

i dont understand how a theme could do that, any body confirm this or tryed switching themes to see if this corrected the problem

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ some themes may cause memory leaks. Memory leaks will lead to deletions.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

I had done nothing to the bb in the last week. It was just this morning that the stuff started deleting itself. I did clear the log about a week ago. I pulled the battery this morning after I posted the question and nothing has deleted itself since. Seems strange. Also I have a memory card in it and all pictures and stuff are stored there so I don't think it was a memory thing. But who knows

ccjjr59 no está en línea Stack level 2

I also did nothing to my phone and starting last night a ton of my messages were suddenly deleted...

My phone log was also magically cleared...

RIM needs to get its act together! Remember when they used to claim that Blackberry was stable and never went down? They need to stop treating BIS users like second class citizens. I'm sure some other Pinstackers are also at companies that don't want to pay for a BES server, yet demand 24/7 uptime.

djaar no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~same issue here! Is it linked to the outage or the installation of the Scribble theme?