Does anyone out there no why i'm getting this error message: "The file could not ... General Blackberry forum

gillyd no está en línea Stack level 2

Corrupt ipd file 7290

Advertisement

Does anyone out there no why i'm getting this error message:

"The file could not be opened. It does not appear to be a valid device database file".

I went into backup/restore after the user had nuked his BB by entering his password incorrectly. I installed the 7290 software - ok. Went to Advanced - File - Open - selected the ipd file and then got the above message??

Many thanks in anticipation!

Gillyd

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Corrupt ipd file 7290

Anyone have any ideas?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Got corrupted during or after the backup. Is there an earlier backup file for that user? Is this on a BES or not? Are you trying the restore from Desktop manager?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

gillyd no está en línea Stack level 2

Firstly, this user had never done a backup before so the first thing I did was a backup. It did so without error messages and I assumed all was well. Our BES server is ver 2.2 (i think - this is somewhere in Zurich so I don't have any access to this at all). I reinstalled the software - all ok - then went into Backup/Restore through Desktop Manager, went to Advanced, File, Open selected the only backup available and that's when I get the error message - is there any hope of fixing this before I loose my job??