Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questioneer contest Answer any two questions below and Fortte.com will choose one lucky winner based ... General Blackberry forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

(Contest) Why Blackberry and which holster/case?

Advertisement

Questioneer contest

Answer any two questions below and Fortte.com will choose one lucky winner based on what they deem as the best reply. The Winner and all participant responses will be featured in the Blackberry FAQ database at the end on the contest...

Contest ends this Sunday and the winner will be announced on Monday! (April 3rd 2006)

The WINNER receives...
    A Blackberry Leather case from Fortte.com for his/hers series with the name embossed for the winner!! Compliments Peter at Fortte.

Reply with your Answers to ANY TWO of the following questions:

1. Give us your thoughts as to why you chose to buy a Blackberry?

2. What are the most important factors that affect your decision when buying a case/holster for your Blackberry?

3. What are some styles, designs or colors you'd like to see available at Fortte.com's Leather case inventoy?

Last edited by hayden; 03-30-2006 at 06:58 PM.

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: (Contest) Why Blackberry and which holster/case?

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Ok, I'll bite!

2. Two words: SLEEPER SWITCH. It has to be able to "sleep" at night when I do. I have it set to where the alarm and phone functions work in case I get a call in the middle of the night or have trouble waking up for work. It keeps the spam emails from waking hubby and I. It also needs to keep my BB easily accessible and protected, of course.

3. I like more feminine colors. My model of BB is not too "girly" by itself. If I could afford a new case right now, it would be PINK. (Just my own preference)

Lovellbird

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Is it ok to answer all 3 questions?

1) I just purchased a 7105t and I chose it based on my experiences with previous cell phones/pda type devices. I have had regular cell phones, Pocket PC's, Pocket PC Phones and Sidekicks and none of them have been as stable as my BlackBerry phones. I have dropped all of my previous devices and they no longer work properly (sim card holders broke, signal lost, battery died, etc.) The BlackBerry tops all the other phones/devices I bought due to better screens, durability, volume of vibrations, organizer features, synching capabilities (although I am not in a corporate environment yet), message delivery (I love the fact that I can have up to 10 email accounts set up so I never miss an email. My Sidekick only synched with 3 accounts so I had to check the others on my pc). I had many problems synching with my PPC's. The BlackBerry's screens (except my 7730's), signal, battery life, ability to be customized, durability, etc. have surpassed my expectations and are much better than the other devices.

2) My most important factors in choosing a case for my BlackBerry include being able to use the BlackBerry while it's in it's case (which is why I want the Open Face Case for my 7105t), a removeable clip (I really don't use one since I am in wheelchair and just throw the phone in my backpack) and a case that is easy to take the phone out of to clean the case. I have a Krusell Multidapt Classic Swivel Case and it made it difficult to use the keypad and made the screen dirty with particles from the inside of the case. Plus it was difficult to use the trackwheel and escape button because the cutout holes were too small. I hope the new case solves these problems, along with a screen guard.

3) I'd like to see an open face case with the ability to put the phone to sleep if possible. That way I don't have to worry about being woke up by a text message or email unless it's an emergency.

Quick question: Do we get to choose the case we want? I have my eye on the 7105t open face case with or without a belt clip.

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

1. My reasoning as to why I bought a BB is simple. I work for a cell phone provider and you cannot beat a BB 7100g for $50.00!!! I had my eye on it to begin with due to email needs, but that price sinched it.

2. The case has to be three things. Atractive, protective, and functional. If it doesn't allow me to use my phone without getting in the way - while protecting my equipment and enhancing the overall asthetics, I won't buy it.
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

JakeSoto no está en línea Stack level 1

1. Blackberry=intergrated email, qwerty set up!
    2. i look for a case that is discreet and doesnt add too much bulk to my phone. also gotta protect thAT SCREEN!!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

1 - BB offered me email and messaging and the freedom to download all sorts of programs
    2- Case has to allow me to type without pulling it out of the case, but still offer protection for my screen. I never use a case I have to pull my BB out of before typing or checking an email, I am too lazy, the case ends up lost in my purse empty and my BB gets beat up.
    3- Cool colors would be nice. A blue or green, I would love and it wouldn't be too girly to sell to the guys. It would be nice to be able to personalize it some way, maybe pictures or designs on the case.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: (Contest) Why Blackberry and which holster/case?

1. Give us your thoughts as to why you chose to buy a Blackberry?

2. What are the most important factors that affect your decision when buying a case/holster for your Blackberry?

1a I wanted to have access to email at all times, not have to 'poll' for it as with other devices.

2a Price is somewhat of a factor, but I'm more interested in it being functional, high quality and yes attractive.

rkit123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I chose the 7290 for price 68 bucks was just to cheap to pass up on for my first BB. Now that I am hooked I will always own a. BB so in another 8 months I will upgrade to a new one. As far as a holster something that will protect my BB and still be easily accesible when I need it how I made all this time without a BB I don't know

couchpotato no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    294AB7EF

1. Email,Radio,Phone and internet

2. The case would have to feel comfortable clip no snaps for belt loops, that right there would be a deal breaker... rotating clip, durable and keep the weather out as much as possible. Easy to get at.

Tiffster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    201EED09

1. I picked the BB up because I needed something that would allow me to get both my personal e-mail as well as e-mails from work (Exchange). But the main reason I got it was so that I could have a quick electronic calendar so I coudl figure out where my kids were on any given day. 3 kids, 2 sports, practices all over the city with changes at the drop of a hat...I need to know where I should be looking for Kid A while I am on the way to pick up Kid B. That and I like to have something to do during those long innings at the kids baseball games.

2. I am currently looking for a case that will put the BB to sleep and allow me to use the BB while still in the case. And one that will absorb the shock of me dropping it out of my truck...which seems to happen with far more frequency than I really like.

debdas no está en línea Stack level 2

Answer of Q1.

I choose BB because of it's email facility and it helps a lot to give online 24x7 support. I work with both Eastern standard time and Indian standard time. Blackberry has been a great help to balance my work for both of those time zone.

Answer of Q2.

It should look professional, slim(Not a bulky case). I should be able to use the trackwheel, and back button and the charger while driving even if my BB is inside the case.
    I almost dropped (thank god, I saved it) my BB cause the holster that comes with the box. It jumped out of the holster. I dont like that holster anymore.

jaxplanner no está en línea Stack level 1
    The answer to #1 and #2 is the same for me. I chose my Blackberry 8700c because it provides me seamless integration to the things that are important to me, and when I choose a case, it is for the same reason. It must provide me seamless integration to the things that are important to me. By this I mean it must seamlessly integrate with me, not bulky, clumsy. It must integrate seamlessly with my lifestyle. Like my life, it must take a hit without falling apart and must readily accessible.
    The sign of any good product is its ability to become a true appendage for life.

rwashing07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203B32C3

1. i chose to buy the blackberry, because it is a very reliable and valuable phone for business and personal email services. It's like having a wireless laptop in your pocket 24/7.

2. Most important factor is the ability to protect your phone from outside elements. Another factor the ability to utilized the phone without opening the case.

3. i liked the see thru kind. i love the black color

Can someone PIN me when the contest is over? I will not be home for a period of time due to a doctor's appointment and I want to know who won. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast