I have recently had an issue with a clients blackberry 7280. It was performing very ... General Blackberry forum

dsargent no está en línea Stack level 1

Contacts do not synch

Advertisement

I have recently had an issue with a clients blackberry 7280. It was performing very poorly due to having it's memory quite full. To resolve I performed a factory reset on the device and reactivated the device on the BES(removed re-added user). Everything seems to be working fine now other then the contacts from her exchange/outlook are not coming over to the blackberry. No error messages are apparent and the contacts are set to 'wireless synch'. I have not yet been able to find a relevant thread to resolve. I have done this dozens of times before and never had an issue with the contacts. Any suggestions?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Contacts do not synch

On the PIM Sync settings on the BES Manager, does it show that is is synchronizing both ways and turned on? Why not try turning wireless address book sync from the device and then turn it back on?

dsargent no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Contacts do not synch

Here is an update. I resolved the manual synch issue by wiping and reinstalling the handheld and user account on the BES and Device. I am now having other users come forward with complaints that their contacts are not synching wirelessly. I have tested and indeed it seems that wireless synch for contacts is not working for anyone on our BES. Recently I did have to migrate the BES database to a different server, but all of our other synchs are working(mail, calendar). I am not too sure what would cause contacts to fail synching.