Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yeah, i just checked my other laptop and thats OK - there has got to ... General Blackberry forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Advertisement

yeah, i just checked my other laptop and thats OK - there has got to be something that is shuttinbg this system down - think blackberry would know? if i could get throught to a resource there?

the thinkpad has, in device manager, a total of 5 USB root hub entries - there are 2 ports on the physical machine - should all 5 be enabled?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It's really odd that's happening. Sounds like some sort of short or something. Beyond my expertise, anyway.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You said you have 5 USB ports... do you alway try the same USB port or have you tried to plug it into different ports?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    He's got two external ports, but there are 5 hubs showing in the Device Manager. I just think that means the laptop is capable of supporting up to 5 external ports. You can try enabling them, Terp, but it probably won't let you since you currently have only two physical ports.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Try pluging in the cable without your BB connected before you turn the computer on, then after booting up, plug your BB into the cable. I have an old XP machine that reboots when ever I try to plug my BB into that port. The port is fine with other USB devices. Now I just keep a USB cable constantly plugged in and add the BB. No more reboots...

tried it - the second I plug in the bb, the pc freezes - I have a wireless mouse plugged in and it's fine

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Just a thought.....remove your media card and then try it.....or better yet.....go to options and check your memory then media card then turn the media card support off and see if that works, if not, then try removing your media card then plug your BB in to see if that resolves your issue.....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12