I know technically you can not actually have a data plan on a blackberry without ... General Blackberry forum

Mystre no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249EBB1d

Connecting without the blackberry connect data plan

Advertisement

I know technically you can not actually have a data plan on a blackberry without the blackberry connect plan but my roommate and I were talking (he works for att) and in theory this made sense but can I can I run my blackberry on the att media net phone and put in the system a mid level imei non smart phone and still have my blackberry to run 3rd party apps? I am aware I would lose push email and I am fine with that but I am not okay with the idea of not being able to use bee jive and other third party apps like that. I was thinking of editing the TCP settings?

Some background information I am using the blackberry bold for att.

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My girlfriend had a slider phone with media net, I gave her my old pearl. She put the sim in and Its been working fine with the media net. Only thing is that apps won't work just regular brower.
    BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

Mystre no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249EBB1d
    After playing with the settings a bit I've found with certain apps such as beejive, viigo, ect will work as long as you edit the network settings and have it run through the tcp and not bis. I am now trying to figure out if I am going to have to say goodbye to my gmail app, and blackberry messenger though...