Re: Connect With Your Mac Users!!

Advertisement

Next up, Linux!

rush88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30156d2b

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    Yes, it is. There is a company selling a fairly new software app that will do it. I have forgotten their name, but I remember the prioce was about $50. Search pinstack and I'm sure you will find it!
    here it is

If anyone is still looking, it's called "Pulse Dial-Up" and it works on bluetooth BBs(turns them into BT modems)...as long as your mac has bluetooth(if it doesnt i guess you could just buy an adapter)...you sign up for a yearly service with a host proxy server or, included in the purchase fee, you could simply host your own with their software...i've tried to use it with my 8703e and..well...it occasionally works...but its horrifyingly slow(even in EV-DO areas)...according to pulse its due to some bluetooth patch in blackberry software...i don't know much about it but i do know its awfully slow for me now and i usualy just switch to windows (on my macbook pro) to use the sprint pcs connection manager, which isnt bad at all..even in 1xRTT areas...they say on their site that hopefully a bluetooth patch will be released that fixes this..i hope so too, since i want to use mac os X on the internet...if anyone has newer information on this, please let me know! thanks!

nsarpong no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF23E9

please hurry up RIM. i cringe at the thought that if I want to remove software from my BB, I've gotta use the dells at work. PocketMack is so buggy that the software stays on my phone. I have to use that Windows program (ewww). hahaha

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I thought pocketmac WAS available on RIM's website. I thought when the version that supports Pearls came out I saw a post that it was right on their site. Maybe I'm wrong.
    yeah sorry I worded it poorly. I meant that they are offering a 3rd party app on their website instead of something they make (like DM for Windows).

To me that's not really caring about their "other" users, but instead saying go look at other peoples programs for (limited) help.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i use bootcamp. installed it just for the desktop manager. hate windows otherwise.

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Why the hell is every developers developing apps for that dumb microsoft pc? We mac users seemed like outcast. In fact mac users are more powerful users. Like the desktop manager should be developed for both platforms instead.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12