Forgive me if this is answered in another forum... I can't find another explaination I ... General Blackberry forum

MT
    MT no está en línea Stack level 3

Confused with BIS

Advertisement

Forgive me if this is answered in another forum... I can't find another explaination

I set up my email from Gmail to forward a copy to my Blackberry account. It works well, but there is another option there to set up an account with gmail.

1 What is the advantage to this method vs the forwarding

2 Will I be able to "reconcile" my inbox between the 2 and have push email (Aka near instantly)

* Thanks for any explaination

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Confused with BIS

Answer to 1 is Reconciliation with your Gmail and BB. 2 I'm not sure about as I use forwarding for other reasons.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

MT
    MT no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Answer to 1 is Reconciliation with your Gmail and BB. 2 I'm not sure about as I use forwarding for other reasons.

Rcbjr.
    Thanks! So if I delete it on my handheld it will delete it on my gmail account? Does this us pop?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

No, POP will not reconcile, I believe it uses IMAP but it may be a different interface. Not sure as I haven't tried to set it up.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    With Gmail POP3 if you delete on the blackberry it doesn't delete it in Gmail but wow is it fast. Gmail must have set something special up with RIM because I consistently get GMail emails on my Blackberry at the same lightning speed as BES.

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~gmail and yahoo have a deal with rim that ppl get instant emails.... When I delete on handheld with my gmail, I have it prompt to ask if I also want to delete it from the inbox. It just isn't set up to archive or label. Howevenr if u use the bb gmail app, u can archive (but not label), and the app isn't so much push or similar to push

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

Personnally I find the gmail app. great in being able to separate two different email sources on my BlackBerry.

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    With Gmail POP3 if you delete on the blackberry it doesn't delete it in Gmail.
    Yes it does. You are given a choice, delete on handheld, or handheld and mailbox.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonNJ
    Yes it does. You are given a choice, delete on handheld, or handheld and mailbox.
    I have never had it work with my Gmail account. I was wondering about this just the other day, when I was on the phone with RIM about a Yahoo issue. I asked about it, and the support tech told me that it doesn't work with Gmail, only with Yahoo and OWA. He may have just said that to avoid having to fix two problems, though.

I know it prompts you on where to delete from, but have you tested it to see if it actually is deleting from your Gmail account?
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

wankim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A085F7

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    I have never had it work with my Gmail account. I was wondering about this just the other day, when I was on the phone with RIM about a Yahoo issue. I asked about it, and the support tech told me that it doesn't work with Gmail, only with Yahoo and OWA. He may have just said that to avoid having to fix two problems, though.

I know it prompts you on where to delete from, but have you tested it to see if it actually is deleting from your Gmail account?
    The delete from my BB works on the mailbox for my Gmail account and my .Mac account. However, I ahve noticed it doesn't work on my school's email account. Perhaps it's something to do with the fact that that one is an IMAP?

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto

I have. When I delete an email on by BB, a few seconds later it is deleted on my gmail account. It doesn't work the other way around though.