Hello Everyone: I currently own an 8700c and absolutely love it. I have to admit ... General Blackberry forum

HSA
    HSA no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Confused Over New Models

Advertisement

Hello Everyone:

I currently own an 8700c and absolutely love it. I have to admit it would be nice to have built in gps functionality however. I am interested in the Telenav feature. I am getting a bit confused with all the new models appearing in the marketplace. Is there one new model out there that has bulit in GPS, a camera, as well as an mp3 player all built in? It seems that is no one new phone model that posesses all the features I am looking for. If there is no such model, does anyone know if there is one in the works for release in the future?

HSA

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Confused Over New Models

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't think rim has yet announced a device with cam,gps and well wifi would be nice. Pearl,Curve and 8800 all have media players to play Mp3's.

8800 is the ony device with built in gps so far. No cam.

Pearl has cam but no gps.

Curve is qwerty and has cam but no gps.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've read on some sites that 8703 has gps built in

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

The 8703 does have built in GPS,that works on sprint and doesn't work on verizon.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the 88 series has gps and media but no camera, 83 has cam and media, no gps. If you really like the keyboard and form of 87 but gps is your main wish, pick up a bt gps reciever for Ł20 on ebay like me! Happy days

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by HSA
    Is there one new model out there that has bulit in GPS, a camera, as well as an mp3 player all built in? It seems that is no one new phone model that posesses all the features I am looking for. If there is no such model, does anyone know if there is one in the works for release in the future?
    Nope -- and there's no word yet (we don't even have firm release dates for the 8300 yet). I'll bet that we'll see an 83xx down the road with GPS but we'll have to wait and see...