I know there are way too many members here that have been loyal to their ... General Blackberry forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Smile Confess Right Here! BB to Iphone...why?

Advertisement

I know there are way too many members here that have been loyal to their bb's for as long as they can remember. I am a perfect example, the very first cellphone I owned was the 7105t unlocked for cingular and then I got rid of it after the first two months of usage and went with the 8100 att then to the 8310 and now 8900. I have truly enjoyed my journey with RIM but lately I've been having this urge to go iphone and see for once and for all with my own two eyes how crazy I can get with it. I always hated the fact that apple never provided iphones mms and in order to enjoy its feature one had to jailbreak the damn thing. Now, that it finally has this feature I'm ready to make the switch. So, those of you who are probably on the same boat as I am speak now or forever hold your silence about this matter. I know I'm not the only one lol. C'mon admit it your bb has not failed you RIM has. Don't bash as I am an avid bb enthusiast, I just wanna try something completely different .
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    LOL you're not the only one. My issue with RIM is the fact that I've had 13 blackberry devices in just under 5 years (multiple models and replacements). I then just got this sudden urge to try the iPod Touch/iPhone (which probably coincides with using a friend's Storm and wanting to get the HTC Touch Pro 2). Also, I have 67 apps and not one memory leak yet. I also found I type faster on the iTouch than my 8120 because I can type in either landscape or portrait modes (thanks again to my friend's Storm for helping me realize this fact). I'm a text addict and find it painful that the iPod Touch, or iTouch as I call it, lacks this feature except on WiFi.

However, T-Mobile is becoming too expensive. I just found out it's MUCH cheaper to own the iPod Touch and use WiFi for data, and have my BlackBerry for calling (I have seriously considered calling T-Mo and having them remove my BIS package...not the first time I've done that). It will also be cheaper to own the iPhone and it's unlimited data package, messaging and phone package (~$80 compared to the ~$105 I'm paying for unlimited BIS/texting/customer loyalty calling).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 09-29-2009 at 10:49 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'll probably always have a Berry, but I am going to try an Iphone. All those apps look really enticing, also, I'm getting kind of bored with Berries. I must say, NOTHING is as user friendly as far as ease of typing and access than one of these newer berries.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    I always wanted an itouch or the g1 those are good phones my blackberry is doing well I bought good games for it got it working fast on normal browser ill wait for now but still b openminded
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.131 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    LOL you're not the only one. My issue with RIM is the fact that I've had 13 blackberry devices in just under 5 years (multiple models and replacements). I then just got this sudden urge to try the iPod Touch/iPhone (which probably coincides with using a friend's Storm and wanting to get the HTC Touch Pro 2). Also, I have 67 apps and not one memory leak yet. I also found I type faster on the iTouch than my 8120 because I can type in either landscape or portrait modes (thanks again to my friend's Storm for helping me realize this fact). I'm a text addict and find it painful that the iPod Touch, or iTouch as I call it, lacks this feature except on WiFi.

However, T-Mobile is becoming too expensive. I just found out it's MUCH cheaper to own the iPod Touch and use WiFi for data, and have my BlackBerry for calling (I have seriously considered calling T-Mo and having them remove my BIS package...not the first time I've done that). It will also be cheaper to own the iPhone and it's unlimited data package, messaging and phone package (~$80 compared to the ~$105 I'm paying for unlimited BIS/texting/customer loyalty calling).

How is iphone plan cheaper? $50 for data n text + minimum 40 calling vs loyalty $50 and data n text 35..that's minimum 90+taxes assuming you're ok w 450mins vs. $85+taxes unlimited calls,text,data....
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    But!!! At&t now has my "A-List" so haha! In your face verizon/tmo/sprint
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/998; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

BoSoxFan82 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lol...I am also currently pondering upon the idea of getting an iPod touch 3rd gen(I had the 1st gen) or the iPhone 3Gs. I currently own the BB bold and love it but am missing the apps I had with my iPod touch. I would like to try the phone though. I actually posted a thread stating that I was looking for an iPhone 3Gs if anyone was interested in selling theirs...hint hint.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    How is iphone plan cheaper? $50 for data n text + minimum 40 calling vs loyalty $50 and data n text 35..that's minimum 90+taxes assuming you're ok w 450mins vs. $85+taxes unlimited calls,text,data....
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    The iPhone data plan is $30 plus the $20 unlimited texting. I may go for either 450 or 900 minutes with rollover minutes.

I'm paying $50 for unlimited minutes, 35 for unlimited BIS and texting, plus 5.99 for insurance and then the taxes, etc total over $105 monthly. .
    BlackBerry8120/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yea I would have to agree we've saving $$ on iPhone compared to Berry ownership. Plus, I love that my PUSH email, calendar and contacts service is FREE. I like being able to search all my 1000's of contacts remotely when composing emails for work and not have to save each contact on my phone. All beyond BIS and without BES for FREE. This allows me to keep ONLY personal contacts on my iPhone while having full connection to biz contacts... their email, tel #'s, addresses, etc.

I'm not an "Apple" fan but I a fan of the iPhone "solution". So as of now this is def the best smartphone solution for my needs/wants and being so flexible it seems to be for many others no matter background/age.

We Stackers have a lot in common but yet we prefer the same features in so many different ways. (hope that makes sense ) Thankfully there are soooo many great smartphone "solutions" to choose from.

Simplicity IS power!