I am working with someone who is buying some Blackberry phones for the company. They ... General Blackberry forum

mylinuxbox no está en línea Stack level 3

Company Email and Exchange help

Advertisement

I am working with someone who is buying some Blackberry phones for the company.

They have an exchange server in the business.

How do we set the server up to allow the users to access their email on the move?

Will we need to get BES or is there a setting to be changed in exchange?

Cheers,
    Neil.
    Pin - 20683AD4

If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.
    Children need to feel secure, so strap them down whenever possible.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    If you set up Outlook Web Access on your Exchange server (and of course it would have to be accessible over the Internet without a VPN), you can set up a BIS account to receive your Exchange email on your BlackBerry. However, you only get mail arriving in your Inbox, and there's no wireless sync of the Address Book, Calendar, Notes, or Tasks. You can sync those wired, but for wireless sync you need a BES server.
    JerryD

zlatan24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    If you set up Outlook Web Access on your Exchange server (and of course it would have to be accessible over the Internet without a VPN), you can set up a BIS account to receive your Exchange email on your BlackBerry. However, you only get mail arriving in your Inbox, and there's no wireless sync of the Address Book, Calendar, Notes, or Tasks. You can sync those wired, but for wireless sync you need a BES server.
    There are only some programs with required characteristics for working out problems related to ms exchange. I luckily caught sight one of them several days ago and to my way of thinking this tool would become the best determination for other exchange problems - software package to retrive pst files from exchange server to outlook.