OK, we all know that the Pearl is the only device RIM currently makes that ... General Blackberry forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Colored Trackballs

Advertisement

OK, we all know that the Pearl is the only device RIM currently makes that have colored LEDs under the trackball allowing you to change it. I just went to cnn.cn and was impressed by the number of parts they carry for BlackBerries. I wonder, since RIM still hasnt gotten the message about putting colored LEDs in all their trackball devices, why someone hasnt started manufacturing colored trackballs? I used to be in plastic inject molding, and it would be a very simple thing to make a mold and make lots of different colored trackballs, out of some opaque type ABS or polypropylene that would be colored, but still let the LED light shine through. They could even sell like 4 different colors in a pack for like $20, allowing you to change the ball whenever. Just an observation.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Good point. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mega_boi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245B7FC0
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There's a thread floating around about the use of a glass marble or some other ball as the track ball.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by mega_boi View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There's a thread floating around about the use of a glass marble or some other ball as the track ball.
    I saw that one, but finding a marble exackty that size with the correct texture will be nearly impossible. But with a mold a person could exactly duplicate the size, weight and texture of the original trackball-oh well, just thinking about it.

Cooper_Lang no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is a great idea and some enterprising individual will take up the cause to be sure =)

Me . . .I'm not so good with plastic.