Here's a couple shots of my Blackberry Curve with a Red color trackball. User sbqstudios ... General Blackberry forum

matthiasj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243C4CBB

Color Trackball on Curve

Advertisement

Here's a couple shots of my Blackberry Curve with a Red color trackball. User sbqstudios at instructables dot com has find a way to give us a colored trackball. basically you take the trackball out and color the white LED the color you want with a good sharpie marker. I did mine in red and it really turned out great, but make sure you put a couple coats on it so it will last longer.

Blackberry 88xx Custom Color Trackball

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    you should remind people that something like this most likely voids warranty...so please do at your own risk if so...but RIM should've just put the color LEDs like they did in the 8100.

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Very inventive but I agree with Magellan0547, that is damaging the phone and probably voids warranties. RIM should have put color LED in Curve, but painting a LED bulb with a sharpie probably not a preferable method either.

PIN/ID
    243C4CBB
    hey it works, and i'm getting a bold soon anyways
    BB 8310 Titanium | OS 4.5.0.81 | Seidio Hybrid Case

My Blogspot

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Looks nice, might give it a try when i take my phone apart to put my custom painted housing on there.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    this method does void the warranty but a way around it which ive found i use a small square of scotch tape and use my wife's nail polish a two thin coats appliacations of color u want and put there that way if u upgrade it not perminate and you can change colors back to factory white mines titanium with a bright orange track ball sweet

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by focuztorch View Post
    this method does void the warranty but a way around it which ive found i use a small square of scotch tape and use my wife's nail polish a two thin coats appliacations of color u want and put there that way if u upgrade it not perminate and you can change colors back to factory white mines titanium with a bright orange track ball sweet

VERY cool idea!
    I never would have thought to try that!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ofcourse!!! Taype!!! Hah its so simpple yet so briliant at the same time!!! That's a must!

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It would still be better to have an application that changes the trackball's color without having to remove it at all, like on the Pearl.

PIN/ID
    243C4CBB
    mine has already faded some is the bad thing, so putting tape or something transparent and coloring it your color of choice would be a better idea.
    BB 8310 Titanium | OS 4.5.0.81 | Seidio Hybrid Case

My Blogspot