Are there any applications (3rd party, etc..) or utilities out there would help distinguish colors ... General Blackberry forum

J. Thompson no está en línea Stack level 3

Color apps to help distinguish email accounts?

Advertisement

Are there any applications (3rd party, etc..) or utilities out there would help distinguish colors between various email accounts when in the "messages" folder on a BB?

For example. I use the Zen style themes on my 8310 because I really only want what's important to me up front. One of those folders is the general "messages" folder and I leave the other email folders for my Gmail etc.. hidden or non-visible.

I had read in my searches that this can be done if you have your device attached to a BES account, to distinguish between messages from the BES accounts, and those tied in thru the BIS account. IIRC. (I searched again this morning and couldn't find it, but I remember seeing something along those lines previously)

Anyway, I was wondering if there was something similiar that I could use for the various email accounts that I have going thru the BIS. Currently have 4 of them, 2 Gmail, 1 FD related email, and another generic. I'd like to have something that would make the background or the font associated with those different accounts be different colors so when I look in that folder I can determine which account they came from during a casual glance.

Also, if that app or utility exists, how does it do utilizing non-vendor related themes? Will the two mesh seemlessly together or will I be relegated to using the vendor supplied themes?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Color apps to help distinguish email accounts?

i don't know if BBSmart can do that or not. If not, then I don't think there is such a product. Could be very useful however.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK

If anyone finds out about an application like this please let me know. This would be extremely helpful with multiple email accounts.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

^ I agree; I would love to have a program like this
    /~*brooke

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
    i don't know if BBSmart can do that or not. If not, then I don't think there is such a product. Could be very useful however.
    BBsmart can adjust the look inside the email once it's opened, but in the list they all will look the same. I use it and have each 'header' a different color for email accounts. Works really well for me.