If you might have noticed sometimes a text message will stay stuck on the homescreen ... General Blackberry forum

Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3

Clearing sticky SMS messages on Today theme

Advertisement

If you might have noticed sometimes a text message will stay stuck on the homescreen after deletion when using the Today theme. Most threads suggest doing a battery pull when this happens. That's cool and it does work, but is a pain to do when using certain cases. I tried using a soft reset (alt, right shift, del) to clear a stuck text message and it worked! I know this is nothing groundbreaking, but I wanted to pass it along. Hope someone finds this useful.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Clearing sticky SMS messages on Today theme

Thanks for the information.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78
    Thanks for the information.
    Not a problem, happy to share.

moonpie23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2402DDDB

Re: Clearing sticky SMS messages on Today theme

Another way is to go to your options and change the way messages are controlled from Theme to Separate. Once you change it it clears the stuck message and you can change the option back to Them or combined control...however you had it....Easier and quicker than a battery pull or soft reset

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23
    Another way is to go to your options and change the way messages are controlled from Theme to Separate. Once you change it it clears the stuck message and you can change the option back to Them or combined control...however you had it....Easier and quicker than a battery pull or soft reset
    Yeah, I tried it and you are right, but sometimes I can't clear it that way either. I think that RIM should develop some sort of patch to fix this. I like the today theme, but this drives me up the wall.