Lately I've been having a lot off issues with my T-Mo Curve, so after reinstalling ... General Blackberry forum

j_chicago no está en línea Stack level 1

cleaning memory off a 8320

Advertisement

Lately I've been having a lot off issues with my T-Mo Curve, so after reinstalling 4.5 twice and trouble shooting with T-mo, they are sending me a new 8320 and battery. What steps should I take on cleaning all my personal data (phone #'s, BB wallet, etc) before I send it back to 8320? Money is tight so I would perfer not to buy a program, any free programs would be great.
    Thanks, Jason.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Jason,

Go to Options>Security Options>General Settings. Once in there, press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball), scroll down and select Wipe Handheld. If you have third party applications it will ask if you'd also like to delete those. This will wipe the device to it's original factory settings.

Cheers,
    Roger

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    Do you want to clean all the data or just back it up? You can use the desktop managers backup and restore feature to back the data up. but if you wipe your handheld all data should be deleted..let me know if that helped
    Death to Peace.....War to Last.....RIP
    .................................................. .
    Bluetooth Fix...http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...51#post1120151

^^^ Thanks raja! Yes, be sure you have a clean backup to restore to your new device when it arrives. Or if you'll still have the old device when the new one arrives, you can use the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop Manager which will transfer all your stuff over to the new device, THEN do the wipe prior to sending the old one back.

Desktop Manager is free, by the way and you can get it here if you don't have it already. I'd recommend v4.6.

Yeah I have desktop 4.6, big improvement over 4.5. I back up my bb every few weeks, my main concern was erasing my personal data in case they refurbish it and resale it. Not that I have secret emails from the McCain campaign or anything, but I do have cerdit card info and such stored on it.

Yeah, do the Switch Device Wizard from the old one to the new one, then the wipe will take care of the data for you.

Will the Switch Device load my 3rd party programs, or will I need to track all of them down again?

rajafarhan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20F44149
    All 3rd party apps usually get transferred to your other device...But do keep a backup plan just incase it fails to do that...
    Death to Peace.....War to Last.....RIP
    .................................................. .
    Bluetooth Fix...http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...51#post1120151

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by j_chicago View Post
    Will the Switch Device load my 3rd party programs, or will I need to track all of them down again?
    Quote Originally Posted by rajafarhan View Post
    All 3rd party apps usually get transferred to your other device...But do keep a backup plan just incase it fails to do that...

This is why you want to do a switch device run.. Takes it from someone who lost it all once and is still looking for a few programs!

(anyone still have a copy of bbchecklist??? Anyone????)
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!