Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Lucky, What does your file total say and what is your free ... General Blackberry forum

heartspeace no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lucky,

What does your file total say and what is your free storage? What model blackberry do you have?

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i can't believe someone would actually make this a class action suit...geez.
    I 100% agree, and you said it nicer than I would.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by heartspeace View Post
    Lucky,

What does your file total say and what is your free storage? What model blackberry do you have?
    <---model

Free: 26386444 bytes
    Total: 64356352 bytes

14 third party apps
    2gb micro SD card (of which my total is 1.8gb and used is 1.3)

But that is irrelevant to either of our statements.

But just to add to mine...even memory cards need a little programming as you can see above.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Thanks Lucky. It seems so far model 8100 are not shorted memory like other models. You also have about 45 percent of you memory free. I don't see how the OS too much of your memory like it does these other models. I have see and heard reports of people with 6 applications having 48MB listed (rather than 64MB) and their memory goes down to 0, using 100 percent of their available storage and then their blackberry gets dog slow and sometime freezes. You are lucky indeed not to have an 8830 or other model that is affected. Thanks for helping.

Lucky,

Ps. There are three main issues. Why 48MB and not 64MB loke your 8100? Why does memory shrink down and down sometimes to 0? And why is a hardboot required to regain it?

A clean 8830 leaves about 20MB free, which is 6MB less than your 8100 with 14 applications loaded. Even with 20MB free the memory shrinks down. When reaching near 0 the OS starts deleting database information such as call log and emails. One man said it even affected his address book. Surely you don't think this is acceptable?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by heartspeace View Post

Thanks Lucky. It seems so far model 8100 are not shorted memory like other models. You also have about 45 percent of you memory free. I don't see how the OS too much of your memory like it does these other models. I have see and heard reports of people with 6 applications having 48MB listed (rather than 64MB) and their memory goes down to 0, using 100 percent of their available storage and then their blackberry gets dog slow and sometime freezes. You are lucky indeed not to have an 8830 or other model that is affected. Thanks for helping.

I can't help but sense a few undertones there. And I don't see how I "helped" rather than oppose your point with facts. I don't believe you will find too many(if any) people to go along with this one. Good luck to you though.

jlphotog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    The point of this thread is a waste of bandwidth. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah it is just the way memory is labeled for sale. Whenever you buy memory you never get what is advertised. You buy a 2 gig memory card and it has 1.8gb and an 80gig hard drive has like 74gigs. It is not grounds for a lawsuit. And just to make a point I have worked on many BlackBerry devices that are experiencing this so called memory leak, and it very rarely is a memory leak. Especially with new devices and their media functionality. In most cases if you go in to Options>Status bring up the menu and go to Database Sizes and look through the list and generally they will have a large content store. So in most cases it is a user caused issue not a "Memory Leak"

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    so let me see if i am understanding this you are saying if you buy a computer and left it running all day long you would have know problems with it not opening programs and your 1.8gigs of memory is down to 200mg.i am not saying i expect my 8310 to run like my pc but not having to reboot it would be nice. i dont agree with the class action but do agree with these large company like rim and at&t doing something about the issues instead of pushing products down the line.

Check the database sizes on your device next time you notice your memory is 0 and see what kind of sizes its displaying for your databases. You may be surprised by what you find out.

jclif no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    ok here's my take on this...

when you buy a 8gb iPod does it have 8gb on it? no it has like 7.3gb or something like that...

unless you want a black and white phone with no color and capabilities you will have to deal with the lack of TOTAL memory because...all the programming and applications and colors and fonts and sizes and ALL THAT...takes up space on your BB even it its brand new.

AGREED

MoJay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3018D089
    No wonder the american court system is so clogged, when you have lawsuits like this in the system.
    Heres a new suit for ya...i dont think my 1/4 pounder really weighs a 1/4 before or after the cooking.
    Get a life

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    i think this thread should be closed. We all agree no lawsuit.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

Quote Originally Posted by curve247 View Post
    I totally agree

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by curve247 View Post
    Well he's not forcing us to testify for the lawsuit. If anything, threads like this make people think. In this case, it does nothing more than push me MORE towards supporting RIM.

But everyone has their opinions. Leave it be, IMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast