True BB noob, sorry if this is a stupid question. Blackberry Messenger, when I go ... General Blackberry forum

kensington no está en línea Stack level 1

Clarification on BB MEssenger please

Advertisement

True BB noob, sorry if this is a stupid question.

Blackberry Messenger, when I go to add someone it opens my address book and I pick out a contact sends them an email for them to join. Then they are added to my contact list.

Question: This is using the blackberry pin to pin for messages?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    I think BB Messenger is based on PIN numbers. It's the same as a PIN to PIN message, except that you're using a contact list instead of the PIN number.

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    you need to have their pin number under the contact info for them to be able to be added. Yes, BB messenger does work using pin to pin.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    BlackBerry Messenger

BlackBerry® Messenger provides BlackBerry® users with the familiar look-and-feel of desktop instant messaging programs, right on their BlackBerry smartphone.
    Use BlackBerry Messenger to chat with other BlackBerry smartphone users in an easy-to-use instant messaging format. It is designed to support group-chat, provide you with the availability status of your contacts and track message delivery status.
    If you already use Personal Identification Number ("PIN") messaging on your BlackBerry smartphone, you'll love how this new application expands on that functionality and makes it even easier.

cheers

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by natesax7 View Post
    you need to have their pin number under the contact info for them to be able to be added. Yes, BB messenger does work using pin to pin.
    You can add a messenger buddy by pin, you don't have to have them in your address book first. When you add someone, go to the top of the list and select "use once" then hit the menu key and choose invite by pin.

kensington no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks everyone.

Just a note, we do not have PIN numbers in our address books and when I added a couple of co-workers from the address book it asked how I wanted to send it to them, if they have multiple email address.

If they receieve it and approve it via Blackberry they are good and done, PINs are never revealed or used.

These are all internal people on the same BES server so that may make a difference.