hello, My curve was just stolen and I'm about to mke a claim with asurion. ... General Blackberry forum

rcd213 no está en línea Stack level 2

claims with asurio

Advertisement

hello,

My curve was just stolen and I'm about to mke a claim with asurion. I was wondering if anyone tried claiming a different phone and what there result were. I had to claim from them once before due to water damage, but chose my curve. any input is greatly appreciated. The main reason I'm asking is because now they're both considered older phones, so I was hoping to switch it up. Thanks.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Am I reading this wrong, or are you asking for advice on insurance fraud?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

you're most certainly reading it wrong. I emailed them to see if I could make the switch since the devices are in a similar price range now, and if they would honor the change, however, I wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience, and what it entailed (ie, if they mentioned something to asurion, if they listened etc).

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    it just sounded a bit wrong, and we've had people ask for that type of advice before so I just wanted to know where this was heading

It's been my experience that unless they have no more refurbs of your model available, you get the same device as you had before. But I'm sure there is the odd occasion where you get the right person at the right time and it may turn out different, but most likely, you will get the same model.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

yeah, I was assuming that would be the case, just wanted to see if there was a way to do it that they would be able to accommodate me. If they don't email me back within the next hour, I'll probably just stick with my curve.

just an update, there is no way to do. They didn't respond to my email, and the person I spoke to would not let me switch. Worth a try I guess.