I have not been able to have my work email sent to my pearl. My ... General Blackberry forum

mchambers2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Citrix Client software on 8100

Advertisement

I have not been able to have my work email sent to my pearl. My employer uses Citrix Client on their systems. It will not let the BB disk even run. I saw information about Idokorro, Citrix Presentation Server Client for BB on PinStack. Sounds like this would do it. The company said they would only support Palm 700 and HP IPAQ with verizon. I need the Contact information the most and the pearl works great for this. I can forward my work email that I need to the pearl for now.

I have seen very about this posted.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Citrix Client software on 8100

So is there a question that you have about Citrix not working with your Pearl? Citrix is a Security Encryption application on a PC network.

Do you have BIS or BES for your Pearl? If its BES (Corporate email) you'll need to contact your company IT department for getting your accounts provisioned.

If you have BIS, you probably won't be able to access your company email.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Thank you and I have BES. When I talked to them 2 different times and techs they both would only say they could not support a BB. They would only support the 2 models listed. One tech said he has heard of a BB in use, but I would have get to work. My question is if I purchase the Idokorro app for a BB would this allow my pearl to access the Citrix Client and set up the email? Reading what Hayden posted, it sounds like it would.

Thank you.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

I don't understand how your company has BES but won't support a BB device. Hayden will definitely be in the know about whether or not you can link to it with the Idokorro app.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

I have BES on my current plan with AT&T, because I do not know if I need it to access the company email. Thanks again.

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A

He was asking if your company has a BES server, not you. If your company does not have a BES server, then there is no reason for you to have a BES Service Plan.

Can you access your work email using POP3, IMAP or Outlook Web Access? If so, then you should be able to plug the necessary information into your BIS Admin page to get your work email. That is of course unless you're Citrix implementation is the typical thin client/remote apps type arrangement, in which case you will need some software on the BB which will enable this "psuedo-VPN/terminal client" connection that Citrix provides. And even if such an app is available for the BB, your network admin will have to allow outside connections if you have an additional firewall, proxy or remote access server.
    -T

sickchilly, I think this is the case. The company gave me the email settings, and said that it would not work because I need citrix on the BB. When I accessed email at home on a PC it had install citrix fiirst on the PC. The Idokorro software sounds like it puts Citrix on a BB. I was hoping to find out if it is the case. This Idokorro Clitrix software appears to be new this year. The company suggested I go to citrix for help. I typed my email address in at Citrix and they sent me back to my company network admin. I ran a search of PinStack and thats when I found this new software that Hayden had posted. Very little information out there for this. Thanks.