Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by DeviOne Grr I hope it dosent get bad with Cingular while I ... General Blackberry forum

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: cingular t'd me off about unlock codes...

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by DeviOne
    Grr I hope it dosent get bad with Cingular while I have the service ice heard such bad news now I'm getting upset. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    "Get" bad?? It is bad. Just don't ever call 611. Ever.

If their coverage wasn't so much better than TMO's over here I'd switch back.

Seriously, just keep yourself educated so you know when you're talking to a clueless CSR and can quickly (but politely) end the call and try again. Standard operating procedure for any at&t customer...
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-17-2007 at 07:49 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i just have to say that i love att...well for the most part. their coverage in the bay area/nor cal is outstanding and let's all agree that the coverage issue is a big deal

yes...now that i have found PINSTACK, i NEVER call customer service anymore...in fact, got my own account rep from here and when i wanna make changes to my account, i just bbm him

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    yes...now that i have found PINSTACK, i NEVER call customer service anymore...in fact, got my own account rep from here and when i wanna make changes to my account, i just bbm him
    I do that too with a rep I have on my BBM list (but I have T-Mo).

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Thumbs down Re: cingular t'd me off about unlock codes...

Quote Originally Posted by hootie311
    well, this story is sad...but very true, i am a cingular employee, and i have filled out many request for customers to get their unlock codes for many different reason, especially for international travel, well, normally when we fill out the request it takes about 2-4 hours for the code to be sent back to us, then we email the customers back with the info, well THREE weeks ago i started on my request to get my code for my pearl, well, the first rep i called come to find out didnt even fill out anything , she had me on the phone, for 30 mins taken down my info for nothing, so i call back a week later and asked what happened, the second rep, said that she would fill out the request and call/email me back within 2 days, well, 3 weeks later, TODAY i call back and ask WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, the rep told me that it takes 15 days for that code to come back( WHICH IS CRAP) and then he transfered me to the international dept, so they could put a rush on it, well, they gave me my code, but ITS THE WRONG CODE....., so i will be forced to wait until monday to get my manager to assist with this, now i know what it fills like to be on the other end, from a customers point of view, my company has let me down once again.....just thought i would share this for those who care ot listen.....
    however get this quote from emailed 2me 2day from cingular about my request for the unlock> we recently received a request to provide you with a subsidy unlock code for your handset. unfortunately we are unable to provide you with the unlock code. cingular does not unlock handsets for the purposes of international except for our international roaming customers..

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

give them a call the reps may be happy to help?
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

becca415 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0b3b4

I work for an agent. Whenever I run into a problem like this I call my rep he get things taken care of fast. And has never told me something couldn't be done. I think he has an inside sorce LOL
    ~via BB(wap.pinstack.com)~

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Well, AT&T aint all that bad, I just recently upgraded from a HTC 3125 to a BB Curve, so today while surveying the land here at PIN Stack, I came across the "Unlock Code" thread, read through went to a couple of the (Saddy looking) Site recommended, ya know cause I have a buyer waiting. So I called AT&T, explianed to them what I just said about ugrading and that I really don't want to put this phone in my expensive gadget draw with all the other cameras, mp3 player, md, walkmans, thats all gone out of style.

So, the Rep, was like I hear, sure not a problem, just let me get the IMEI #, I already had it waiting, he next confirmed my email address and said I should be getting an email within two days confirming the case and I should receive the code by the 13th of August. Well, not even one hour later I'm checking my mail on my BB Curve and there was the confirmation email as well as the "Unlocking Code" email.

Though I've never really had a hard time with At&T/Cingular/AT&T - I was truly surprised at the ease of this transaction...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You got lucky. I am going on 5 days on my Treo 650 unlock code. No confirmation email. No call back. No nothing.

Zo.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Yeah it can be done, you just have to know which chain to yank on. I used to have one w/i reach but since the job change- have lost touch. Still working on findind another one!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Getting my unlock code was effortless.

I called in, got a very nice rep, was assured I would get an unlock code. Got it the next day and was notified by text message, email, and a personal call from the same rep.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Thumbs up Re: cingular t'd me off about unlock codes...

Quote Originally Posted by hootie311
    heck i dont know, it just really upsets me, you would figure since i work for the company , that i would be fine and taken care of, well, we have to call into cust care, just like everyone else, and they suck.....i cant speak for everyone but i do my job to the best of my knowledge, and my co-workers i sit by also....but .....aghhhh i could go on and on..but its not going to solve anything but get me more upset, and a headache, maybe i should go to t-mobile, like u stacey but tmobiles coverage down here is horrible....so is everyone elses, coverage, so its like ppl down here are forced to use cingular.....feels like a monopoly....lol

well if your coverage isn't the best we (t-mobile) offers the hotspot @home service, and if you become an employee there are great perks,a nd great discounts. plus we've won so many awards for great customer service!

piggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Once I saw the Curve I wanted it... but I won't switch from TMobile to AT&T because of the horror stories.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

As poor as customer service is, at&t has the best coverage where I need it. I do like TMO's pricing and customer service but in the end none of that helps improve coverage. YMMV.

Honestly, the worst issues I've had with at&t are the clueless CSR's. Keep yourself educated here and on the other BB forum sites and you'll be fine with at&t (as I pointed out earlier in this thread).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12