Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Will I get the GPS feature if I buy the data plan from T-mobile? By ... General Blackberry forum

Bachiz no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Cingular phone changed to T-Mobile HELP!

Advertisement

Will I get the GPS feature if I buy the data plan from T-mobile? By the way, I'm using unlocked Cingular BB 8800 on T-mobile service.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^You should be able to get this but again, best to check with TMo on this Bachiz. Good luck with getting your data plan going kulekhatt
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by kulekhatt
    I think so...my sister gave it to me...because she got an I-Phone. I have been using the blackberry for about one month. Is there something else I should do?
    It might be a bit late for this at this point but you should have performed a device wipe when you first got it from her to give you a clean start. Also, make sure that she had her BIS account with at&t deleted. They don't automatically do this and this will keep you from using it with TMO if she hasn't done this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by icancn2u
    I believe the TCP settings need to be changed to the T-Mobile setting. Since the phone is a Cingular phone, it was set up with the Cingular settings.
    TCP settings are handled further down the road. If you're getting Data Conenction Refused then you need to ensure that you're properly provisioned with a BB data plan first. TCP settings are not supplied out-of-the-box. None of my Cingular BB's have ever had their TCP settings specified as I've never needed them (I'm on BES so it's not necessary).

It is, however, possible in the OP's case that the former owner specified TCP settings for one carrier or another. However Data Connection Refused is not a symptom of a TCP settings issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bachiz
    Will I get the GPS feature if I buy the data plan from T-mobile? By the way, I'm using unlocked Cingular BB 8800 on T-mobile service.
    They're two entirely separate things. Let's go over some basics:

1. GPS uses the GPS satellites. You don't need a data plan for GPS. However, to make the location info useful you need that info plotted on a map (unless you can navigate solely with longitude and latitude).
    2. For maps, you need a Balckberry data plan as no mapping or GPS app currently out supports maps stored on the media card.
    3. Your GPS app is yet another piece. Some apps are free, some are not. Generally, the more fully features (turn-by-turn, voice prompts, POI's, etc) GPS apps will have a cost associated with them.

So you need: a BB data plan and a GPS app. The latter is up to you. Read up, try some out and pick the GPS app that best suits your needs.
    Last edited by takeshi; 08-13-2007 at 10:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12