Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a Blackberry 8800...that's about all I ... General Blackberry forum

kulekhatt no está en línea Stack level 1

Cingular phone changed to T-Mobile HELP!

Advertisement

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a Blackberry 8800...that's about all I know about it. My problem...it was a Cingular service phone...given to me...I have T-Mobile. I had it unlocked, but it still says Data connection refused...is there anything I can do? Thanks for any advice. It says edge in the corner.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Cingular phone changed to T-Mobile HELP!

Do you have the BlackBerry Data Plan on your account?

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

I think you have to get the data plan.

So I take it...that is something extra? I took it to the T-Mobile store and she said there was nothing they could do...did not make sense to me. Thanks

Ask them to add the $29.99 BlackBerry Unlimited Plan to your account (no minutes included). Or if you want BlackBerry access and minutes, get one of the BlackBerry Minutes and Mail plans (1000 minutes for $59.99 or 1500 minutes for $79.99). If you already have minutes, the BlackBerry BIS AddOn is $19.99.

Quote Originally Posted by kulekhatt
    So I take it...that is something extra? I took it to the T-Mobile store and she said there was nothing they could do...did not make sense to me. Thanks
    Do you want to use the device as simply a phone and for PIM? Or do you want email-data-internet? If you just want to use it as a phone, then ignore the "Data Connection Refused" on the screen, it's irrelevent. You can make calls and SMS text without a data plan. T-Mobile is unable (or, rather, unwilling) to provide limited internet access (T-Zones, etc.) and MMS messaging unless you buy the entire data plan.

Thanks everyone for the help! I am not really sure what I want, but I think I would like some access to the internet. When it says "data connection refused" that means I can NOT access internet correct?

Right. That means you can't access the internet.

Thanks again...the lady at the T-mobile store said something about having a deal with cingular that I would NOT be able to access the internet with my Blackberry because it was being used by a new service. Does this make sense?

Has the BB been released from the Cingular account it was previously used with?

I think so...my sister gave it to me...because she got an I-Phone. I have been using the blackberry for about one month. Is there something else I should do?

Then you should be able to get the T-Mobile BlackBerry Data plan of your choice without any problems.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

I believe the TCP settings need to be changed to the T-Mobile setting. Since the phone is a Cingular phone, it was set up with the Cingular settings.

The phone is charging now...I will see about that tomorrow. I may need help. I will check in tomorrow if I don't know how to change the TCP settings. Thanks so much for everyones help! Kim :-) (its off to bed now)

dr3x320 no está en línea Stack level 2

In order to get rid of that text, you can disable "data connection", therefore it won't try to access data. Which will allow you to use the phone as a regular cell phone w/o up/down data ie internet enabled.

I had this problem in Shanghai China when I tried to purchase a data plan with a prepaid SIM, but atm Shanghai's Cellular services do not work with Blackberry's atm, only local phones. Supposedly this month, RIM has made the deal to start selling BB's in China, approx $500 per unit, not sure which model, 8800, or 8700?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast