Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

8734952 Bytes.....this what where my memory went to 6 times today..I deleted everything I do ... General Blackberry forum

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional

check this out

Advertisement

8734952 Bytes.....this what where my memory went to 6 times today..I deleted everything I do not want or need..my sms,mms,emails are empty..when I do a batt pull..my mem goes to 2XXXXXXX...using 4.5.69 on 8320..anyone have a fix for this huge leak?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    What 3rd party apps do you have?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Viigo and live search..had them forever

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Question

wondering if Viigo is using all the memory? Could be?

Has it been doing this ever since the upgrade? That could be the issue. If it has just started...have you downloaded a new theme...some themes can occasionally be very hard on memory. Any new apps that you tried then deleted? Maybe they caused the issue. Either a downgrade to a more stable OS or possibly a wipe and reload of your current OS may help. Also depending on the version of viigo, how many feeds you have and how many articles you have saved...viigo can also be the problem.

It would be a matter of experimenting....doing one thing at a time until the issue resolves......or do the wipe and reload then be cautious and slow about adding things back....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I would do a backup including of 3rd party apps and then do a complete wipe of your BB and reload the OS.

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow

point made earlier on Viigo, the more feeds and things u save the more memory and data it uses! I had Viigo and dumped becuz I really didn't like it chunking out my data even though I have un-limited! Viigo to me is kinda clunky with ALL the feeds, even when you filter them too!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolFinalFan View Post
    point made earlier on Viigo, the more feeds and things u save the more memory and data it uses! I had Viigo and dumped becuz I really didn't like it chunking out my data even though I have un-limited! Viigo to me is kinda clunky with ALL the feeds, even when you filter them too!
    If you have a memory card all of Viigo content is saved there, if not than it will be saved on the BB memory, at the same time that particular OS has been known to have an issue with leaking memory.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I like Viigo alot, I deleted some feeds and it still took alot of memory from my Pearl. I elected to keep Windows Live Search, for all the things it does. It really helped me out in time of need. Windows Live Search I would no leave home without it.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    If you have a memory card all of Viigo content is saved there, if not than it will be saved on the BB memory,
    How do you get Viigo to save your feed content to the memory card? I have never seen that option and I don't recall seeing any other post about that. I explore my media card frequently and have never seen anything Viigo on my card and couldn't find the option anywhere in viigo. I would love to do this if possible.

Excellent info everyone....now that u mention it..I dled viigo beta the one that says top secret on the top...ya think maybe due to it being beta its sucking my mem dry?? I have 0 themes actually which is hard to believe lol. Besides viigo just live search but have had for quite some time. Ill email viigo and tell them bout my issue..and down grade and see if that help.

I did a reset last night woke up this morning to this...6770193 Bytes. Crazy lol

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    That's weird. I have an 8130 (which has much less mem than the Curve) with 4.5.0.56 and I rarely drop that low in memory. I have viigo, the new google app, google maps, and maybe 4 or 5 other 3rd party apps and a couple of themes.

As to viigo and the media card, I'm not sure that it saves stuff on the card....except for podcasts (I have the private viigo beta) which are dled on the media card. I don't find viigo to hog too much memory. But maybe the private beta is better at memory management.

I'd wipe the OS and reinstall. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by uncleman View Post
    That's weird. I have an 8130 (which has much less mem than the Curve)
    Actually your pearl has the same amount of memory as his curve. The only curve model released so far that has more memory is the 8330(96mb). Otherwise all pearls and curves have the same memory(64mb).

I dunno..but it sux having to reset 6 times a day...ill post my memory after I reset right now..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast