Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't know if this is the right spot to post this but check it. Boy ... General Blackberry forum

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

check this out

Advertisement

Don't know if this is the right spot to post this but check it.
    Boy Genius Report may have gotten their hands on early specs of the upcoming touch-interface BlackBerry 9000. And according to their sources, the (iPhonesque?) 9000 has two hardware advantages over the iPhone. First, it features a 624MHz Intel XScale PXA270 processor that just edges out the iPhone's 620MHz ARM 1173 processor (on paper). Second, the 9000 will introduce speedy HSDPA to the line (a welcomed 3G first for the BlackBerrys). Here are the rest of the specs:- 480 x 320 resolution screen - 1GB onboard memory - GPS, WiFi, HSDPA - Maybe a 3.2MP camera - Maybe dropping in Q1 or Q2 of 2008

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: check this out

Sounds good. Will have to wait in see.
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

that would be good, however, it does seem a little too early for a new release, some 8000 models are still quite fresh, i would think q3 would be a perfect release date.
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah I just ran across it don't know how old it is or what but it seems pretty thorough

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its cool I thought though that would smash apple lol and it could be why the 16gb Iphone cam out

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2

i would be gung ho on it right off the go, but as we all know when a new model comes out on a tech device, its always the 'test run'. then the next year they come out with a much better device. if bb does jump on the touch screen band wagon, i sure hope they vamp up the browser and color schemes and calendar options and such. i cant wait to see one though. i sure hope this train of thought leads bb in a new and more aggressive stance in the mobile world. ive said it before...bb needs to fight windows mobile hard and take a bite right out of the heart of windows mobile if they want to get more mobile users to jump ship.
    GO Blackberry!!

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Touch Screen... Bleh
    Anyone who's used a touch screen phone knows they're overrated.
    :)

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~are they overrated

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

over-priced maybe...lol
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Denigris no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thank you Vortec7! I was beginning to wonder if anyone here has actually *USED* a touch screen mobile beyond the doors of the toy store. They are worse than lame,getting in the way of even the simplest operations like making a call. Ask anyone who has ever used windows mobile. Us rim users are smarter than to fall for that trendy, useless fad-tech. The iPhone would be superb if it had tactile feedback and the accuracy of buttons.my mother and a close friend have them and mom is looking at buying a curve. I had a Tilt. Cool phone.But so innaccurate and time consuming as to make it worthless. 3 days I had it before it was on it's way back to the factory and I was happily thumbing away on my first blackberry. I will never own anything else unless RIM loses their mind and goes keyless. Once you've had black, you never go back. Yea, baby!

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

Man, ever since the the IPhone came out all the the phone companies are coming out with touch screens; personally, I really dont care about that. The only touch screen that i'm worried about is my nav in my car. I love my 8800 and it do the same thing that the iPhone can do. And yes I do thing they are overrated. BB Forever

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

I agree with Jeff, as a previous owner of a touch screen, they are WAAAY overrated.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Not only overrated, but if it is touch screen only, like and Iphone, and the touch screen fails... well then it is just and expensive paper weight. Even though I hate the TMO MDA, or the WING, alteast they had a Keyboard back up.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

I have to agree that touch screens are lame and a pain. One of the things I like about RIM's devices is that they do NOT have touchscreens.

I just hope that this doesn't end up being a trend where all of their devices will be touch screens.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Quote Originally Posted by wxboss View Post
    I have to agree that touch screens are lame and a pain. One of the things I like about RIM's devices is that they do NOT have touchscreens.

I just hope that this doesn't end up being a trend where all of their devices will be touch screens.
    even if RIM does venture into the touchscreen marketplace, I still feel like it will pass when the novelty wears off. There are way too many of us die hards that will still use the conventional keyboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast