Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by djlitez I was wondering how all you BB fanatics can afford to ... General Blackberry forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by djlitez View Post
    I was wondering how all you BB fanatics can afford to drop large amounts of cash on BB devices. I'd love to switch to a bold but I simply cannot cough up the cash every time a new device is introduced to the market. Please fill me in!!
    You're right - it does cost a lot and I agree with Archer. Don't necessarily compare yourself with everyone else. There are those who can afford it and probably some who really can't and do it anyway. Make it work for you.

For example, I'd love to try several of the new devices but right now I'm really happy with my Curve - it's capable of so much so I'm planning to stay with it for a while. Also, I think cell plan charges are expensive - it's wonderful technology but but we really pay for the convenience of "staying in touch."
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    there are options... Wait until prices go down, save, or start visiting the local 7-11 stores with a sky mask on. Lol. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Carter View Post
    there are options... Wait until prices go down, save, or start visiting the local 7-11 stores with a sky mask on. Lol. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That could solve ALL a person's problems! (if you get my meaning. Better have your affairs in order before starting that plan. lol)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jeanne4kats no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I just don't feed my family or pay bills for a couple months..

Randy, you are such a bad boy! ( we are all probably like that we just don't admit it)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanne4kats View Post

Randy, you are such a bad boy! ( we are all probably like that we just don't admit it)
    You do what you gotta do... Honestly though saving and planning are your best bet and sale your previous device to make up some of the loss.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Sell copies of 4.5 on the street
    phatman the phat stacker!

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    Sell copies of 4.5 on the street
    thats actually not a bad idea lol alot of ppl i meet still are on 4.0-4.2
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I just don't feed my family or pay bills for a couple months..
    why not sell your kids...that way you make a bit of money AND you save a lot in the long run!
    PIN: 2485D13B

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."

Quote Originally Posted by djlitez View Post
    I was wondering how all you BB fanatics can afford to drop large amounts of cash on BB devices. I'd love to switch to a bold but I simply cannot cough up the cash every time a new device is introduced to the market. Please fill me in!!
    The secret for me is to live in the past. I use a 7290 BlackBerry, a fast, accurate, stable handheld, that gets the job done and then some. However, by the standards of most of my friends here at the Stacks, it is outdated and older than dinosaurs! However, in actuality, it is only a little over 4 years old - not really old at all, except in this wierd world of smartphones. The 7290, when first announced/introduced 2nd quarter of 2004, was over $300 - but after only a couple of years and up til now, you can get one of these phones for 50 or 60 bucks on Ebay. So, if you want a storm or a bold or some other new device and you still need to pay bills and eat, my advice is just wait a couple of years. All the people with the coin will be after the newest BBs (probably called the "RockSlide", will be Berry's first slider) and you'll be able to get a nice bold at CraigsList for $50 - -

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Stand on the side of the road with a sign saying "will work for a bold"

djlitez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241C50A0
    Quote Originally Posted by Anela808 View Post
    why not sell your kids...that way you make a bit of money AND you save a lot in the long run!

I don't have any kids to sell just yet!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    ha ha ha.. there are plenty of options!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12