Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was wondering how all you BB fanatics can afford to drop large amounts of ... General Blackberry forum

djlitez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241C50A0

cheap BB devices

Advertisement

I was wondering how all you BB fanatics can afford to drop large amounts of cash on BB devices. I'd love to switch to a bold but I simply cannot cough up the cash every time a new device is introduced to the market. Please fill me in!!

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    First stay update on the new devices. We've known about the Bold as early as April & May that it would drop in the summer. Some of the stackers can drop the cash on the spot for the device they want. Some guys contracts seem to end around the time a new device is available. Yet being a Pinstacker means you will stay current on the different BB models as they soon become available. So you can really save a little here and there for that new device you'd like to acquire. For example there are already rumors of new BB's possibly in the first quarter of new year. Save Save Save$$$$

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Its called a piggy bank.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I just don't feed my family or pay bills for a couple months..

voodoo71 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i say let the new BB come out. Let the bugs get worked out then in a year get the one you want. That is what I did with my BB. Helps on the bank acct. But remember newest isn't always better. There are still known memory glitches with the BB pearl. I know I am on my 3rd.

PIN/ID
    241C50A0
    You all have the same point. Scope out an upcoming device, and save cash. And I'm guessing I could recover part of the cost by selling my old device. I usually go for 1 year contracts at a time because I've had bad experiences with long term contracts (more than 1 year). Your suggestions are helpful. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Also BB can have a high resale value, I tend to sell my phone and buy another, also sites like ebay and craigslist you can find good deals on used phones. I sold my sidekick to get a pearl then traded me pearl for a curve with no track ball. I replaced the whole housing and got a like new curve. Ill probly sell the curve for 150 or more to get the curve2 at the upgrade price. Haha its a endless cycle.

PIN/ID
    241C50A0
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    Also BB can have a high resale value, I tend to sell my phone and buy another, also sites like ebay and craigslist you can find good deals on used phones. I sold my sidekick to get a pearl then traded me pearl for a curve with no track ball. I replaced the whole housing and got a like new curve. Ill probly sell the curve for 150 or more to get the curve2 at the upgrade price. Haha its a endless cycle.

Good point. I guess it's not such a large investment if you recover a part of it. I can only really afford 1 device a year. Is that normal?

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by BERRYCURVE View Post
    First stay update on the new devices. We've known about the Bold as early as April & May that it would drop in the summer. Some of the stackers can drop the cash on the spot for the device they want. Some guys contracts seem to end around the time a new device is available. Yet being a Pinstacker means you will stay current on the different BB models as they soon become available. So you can really save a little here and there for that new device you'd like to acquire. For example there are already rumors of new BB's possibly in the first quarter of new year. Save Save Save$$$$
    Stop saving, and working at jewel lol get into marketing, stocks, web applications. Daz wer da money is at
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    What they said and plus this, its all worth it in the end.

For myself, im content with the BB I got until it dies completley which is never, or until my 2 year is up.

PIN/ID
    241C50A0
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    What they said and plus this, its all worth it in the end.

For myself, im content with the BB I got until it dies completley which is never, or until my 2 year is up.

You're absolutely right! Infact I'm using my BB around the clock, for company email, corporate reports, reading e-books, personal email, financial management, stock trading, and communicated with my family. It's become a part of my daily life!

PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Quote Originally Posted by djlitez View Post
    Good point. I guess it's not such a large investment if you recover a part of it. I can only really afford 1 device a year. Is that normal?
    I'd say holding on to a phone a year or more is pretty normal. I always find a way never to pay full price for a phone. I used to have a friend who was a higher upper management for sprint. He always had phones laying around his house, some were promos that never got released to the market. I'd was always askingto buy the phones he had, hed usually sell them for dirt cheap since he usually got them for free. So its good to have friends in high places too lol.

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've had my BB Curve 8300 for a year and now moving on to the Bold next week. I was actually content until I heard about the Bold and saw the specs about the Bold. The 4.5 OS drops made my curve that much better yet I'm an addict and it's time to transition to the new device. So once a year sounds average to me. Now if your a phone junky then you need a marketing job, etc as mentioned earlier, lol.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I can only really afford 1 device a year. Is that normal?
    Its most important to focus on what's best for you. Don't compare yourself with others as everyone is different. BlackBerrys are very well built & designed to last a long time. I have a 7130c that is nearly two years old, I take care of it and it still looks and works as good as new. It does everything I need it to do very well, so why replace it? I will get at least three years of use if not more out of that model. Plus as I have said many times before, newer is not always better. My 7130c model was discontinued & replaced by the Pearl. They are both SureType and the same basic shape. The difference is they made the Pearl narrower & thinner. For me that was a terrible drawback as the keyboard ended up being really small compared to my 7130. So I'm thrilled that I took good care of mine as now you cannot buy them new any longer. Despite the fact that I have over fifteen BlackBerrys I still like the 7130 as the best SureType BlackBerry.
    So I say whatever works for you is normal and what you should stick to.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    the key is the find a job that pays for them. then they upgrade you all the time. gotta work the magic.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast