Hi all, sorry if this isnt the right place for this thread, but i have ... General Blackberry forum

smashman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242084E6

Charging Problem via wall charger

Advertisement

Hi all, sorry if this isnt the right place for this thread, but i have a weird problem. My blackberry charges thru USB power when connected to computer but will not charge with the wall charger. I tried the wall charger on different electronics and it works perfectly. I even went out and bought two chargers from walmart and the tmobile store and still will not charge with a wall charger. Just wondering if anyone has had this same issue? Thanks!

pigigi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Is it a Blackberry branded charger?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    If the wall charger is working with other devices, and you can charge via usb/pc, I would say there is a charging port issue. Like pigigi referred to, if say u using a moto charger, I have had issues with them not charging a berry. You really need a berry charger if that's your case, if not, I would say your charging port on you berry.

smashman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242084E6
    The one i got from Tmobile is a BB charger that they use to charge their model BBs

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hmmm, really strange. You may just have to try another charger or resign yourself to charging via usb. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Maybe someone else has some ideas.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just because a wall charger has a mini USB output doesn't mean it puts out sufficient current to charge a BlackBerry. Look at the rating for "mA" on the chargers you're trying to use. My RIM charger says ".75A" (which is 750 mA), while it is not uncommon for Motor chargers for example to have .3A (300 mA) output which simply won't charge a BlackBerry or might take like 3 days to charge you up.
    Cheap chargers generally have low output current. All mini USB and micro USB chargers output 5 volts, but their current output capability values widely.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by dgburns View Post
    Just because a wall charger has a mini USB output doesn't mean it puts out sufficient current to charge a BlackBerry. Look at the rating for "mA" on the chargers you're trying to use. My RIM charger says ".75A" (which is 750 mA), while it is not uncommon for Motor chargers for example to have .3A (300 mA) output which simply won't charge a BlackBerry or might take like 3 days to charge you up.
    Cheap chargers generally have low output current. All mini USB and micro USB chargers output 5 volts, but their current output capability values widely.
    While that is excellent information, the key point has been missed. Just make sure your wall charger says BlackBerry somewhere on it. That's all we really need to know. But you are correct, many chargers have the same mini-usb connector. I have a Motorola charger that fits, but doesn't mean it works.