So it seems that charging my BB to 100% from dead takes just about 2-3 ... General Blackberry forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

charging beyond 100%

Advertisement

So it seems that charging my BB to 100% from dead takes just about 2-3 hours... if that. Is there any benefit with leaving the BB plugged in after it just reaches 100%? For example, if I unplug the moment it gets to 100%, is that really a full charge sitting in the battery, or is there a non-linear boost that accumulates beyond the phone showing 100%?

The ATT store employee, who probably isnt a battery engineer, recommended leaving the phone charging overnight, every night, whether or not the battery is low. Does that truly help, or can I just get by with a few hours, so it indicates 100%, and then unplug immediately for use?

I know that some batteries will charge to about 70-80% very quickly, and the remaining 20-30% usually takes an additional few hours, but this BB seems to get all the way to 100% very quickly... is it correctly indicating its charge state?

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    So it seems that charging my BB to 100% from dead takes just about 2-3 hours... if that. Is there any benefit with leaving the BB plugged in after it just reaches 100%? For example, if I unplug the moment it gets to 100%, is that really a full charge sitting in the battery, or is there a non-linear boost that accumulates beyond the phone showing 100%?

The ATT store employee, who probably isnt a battery engineer, recommended leaving the phone charging overnight, every night, whether or not the battery is low. Does that truly help, or can I just get by with a few hours, so it indicates 100%, and then unplug immediately for use?

I know that some batteries will charge to about 70-80% very quickly, and the remaining 20-30% usually takes an additional few hours, but this BB seems to get all the way to 100% very quickly... is it correctly indicating its charge state?
    It's true lithium ion batteries "like" to be charged as frequently as possible, rather than the old ni-cad batteries that liked to be run flat before recharge.

As for charging past 100%, I've vigilently kept my bold on charge everynight when in bed (utelise bedside mode)... Never had any prob's

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've been using Berries for years and charge mine all night every night. It will not hurt the battery, once it gets charged, its charged. You cannot exceed 100%.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    So my question regarding for just the few hours daily is that its equal to all night so long as it shows 100% charged?

HICOMPCRX no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EAD368
    At least on my BB,s the charging icon will dissapere when my phone reaches full charge.

PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    yeah... i understand what everyone here is saying... i guess i should mention that it seems like the phone discharges more quickly when its not charged for 8-10 hours... i mean that with the brief charge of 2-3 hours to 100%, it seems to give out more quickly than when it sits charging over night (same use pattern), even though it starts at 100 in both cases.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Fact - when the 9700 gets to 100%, the charging symbol disappears. After that it just maintains level of charge.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    jzarowitz i dont think it matters if you charge the phone for 3 hrs to lets say 8. Once the phone gets charged to 100% it gets charged to 100%
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)