Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by RSCStacker In order to change what it displays when you send a ... General Blackberry forum

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    In order to change what it displays when you send a pin to pin message. You have to go into options and edit owner info. What you enter in info is what the recepient will see when you send him/her the message.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ^^is right. whatever you put in "owner info" will show up in a pin msg. if its blank (no owner name or information) the msg will just show your pin.

*look @ me acting all smart*

staytru no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    248c5f2c
    Nope this doesn't work for me~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'll always remember the phone number we had while I was growing up, and probably never forget the pin on my first BB...it's so easy to remember...24494E78

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Simple answer, with the address book, you can store PIN numbers

If I have your PIN stored in my address book, when you send me a PIN message thru email, I will see your name instead of your PIN

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    The name is set in the web client if im not mistaken. If you chose not to have a name, it just comes up with the # (or if you dont fill it out)

Pins and BBM are somewhat the same but not quite. Pin messages where more useful when bb's first came out. For sometime (before rim caught on) you were able to send pins to another bb without paying for bb service. Most importnatly they were not traceable like e-mails were, (however they are now) so it was a way to be able to talk to fellow workers "off the record".

In the past few years bbm was released which put a user friendly appearance on the PIN function. it reflects a instant message style of mesaging. BBM also allows you to see not only that the message was delivered (check mark with a D), but also if the end user actually read the message (check mark with R).

Other then that PIN messages today are good to keep nonsense messages off of your e-mail servers. they are delievered instantly rather then the sometimes 5-10 minute delay of emails. Its also good for texting when the message will exceed more then 160 characters. so essentially when comapared to SMS, PIN is exactly the same except it allows for more then 160 characters.

Every blackberry has it own PIN # no matter which network your on. a quick way to find out your devices pin is to compose any form of message (mms, sms, pin, email) and in the body type the word mypin -just as you see it, then hit the space bar.

another way is: options-status

hope this helps....
    PIN: 30b44bcc

bigdogbta35 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I changed mine in BM - options - edit info

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Kool I never knew you could type mypin and hit space to see you pin. Thanks

¤ Via Curvelicious ¤

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    No problem! Here's another one for you:mynumber or lt for the current local time or myver for your current software version....

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12