I have about 6 email accounts currently on my Blackberry Curve 8330. When having to ... General Blackberry forum

Bowisc no está en línea Stack level 1

Changing Various Email Notifications At Once

Advertisement

I have about 6 email accounts currently on my Blackberry Curve 8330. When having to set my own notification profiles ("quiet", "normal", "loud"...) it is time consuming to have to select each email address and then have to change the notification settings (LED, tone, tone/vibrate, etc, etc).

Is there a way to change these setting for all emails at once as opposed to editing each individual email address for a specific profile?

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Nope you have to do it one by one unfortunetly. Honestly though how often are you going to change the notification sounds/alert settings?

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Nope you have to do it one by one unfortunetly. Honestly though how often are you going to change the notification sounds/alert settings?
    Often of not, it is still a long, tedious process having to go into several parameters for each "email" address. It would be more efficient to have a feature that groups items under one notification setting.

Too bad there isn't a desktop GUI for the Blackberry that allows you to make changes and syncs them as well.

PIN/ID
    Follow my thread here on how to make suggestions to RIM
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=79436

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    yes, it is time consuming, but after you have set up each profile, then you won't need to change it again. am i not understanding the original question or suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    yes, it is time consuming, but after you have set up each profile, then you won't need to change it again. am i not understanding the original question or suggestion?
    What happens if you add ringers, or decide to create new profiles to fit your needs as they change? Then it involves another round of having to go through the process. I guess it's a pain for me since I have several email accounts and like to really customize notifications for various scenarios.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok, makes sense i have 5 email accts too, but i only use quiet and normal although my kids told me the other day that i should change up some of my *contact* ringtones, as they are old

PIN/ID
    Hehe if you think that is confusing you should check out my first blog entry. Now that is a major pain setting up. I just hope I don't confuse the heck out of the stackers

Pete6 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can do this via a little work around.

Make a new Profile and make it the same as your current one as far as ringtones and vibrations are concerned except for the email accounts. Make all of them quiet or what ever you wish.

Now all you have to do is to switch Profiles.

If you use either Zen or Today themes, from the Home screen, just flick the trackball to the right and then click it and there you are in Profiles. This trick does not work - that I can see - with Icon themes.

Quote Originally Posted by kieranwest View Post
    Hehe if you think that is confusing you should check out my first blog entry. Now that is a major pain setting up. I just hope I don't confuse the heck out of the stackers
    Not confusing, just tedious.
    I'll have to check out your blog... thanks!