Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What determines the order of the icon placement on the blackberry? It's not alphabetical, not ... General Blackberry forum

Tragedy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4009979A

Changing the order of main screen Icons.

Advertisement

What determines the order of the icon placement on the blackberry? It's not alphabetical, not by installation...

It would be nice to alter the order of the applications (i would like to group them by most used first, less used last)
    Tim Warner, RN
    www.timwarner.com

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You can change the order. From the main screen scroll to the icon that you would like to move then hold in 'alt' while tapping in the track wheel once. The menu options will ask you if to move icon or to hide it.

I've used this to hide pocket day. Since although I use the program I think the main icon is ugly.

Let me know if that works for you.

Tragedy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4009979A

I didn't know

Oh sweet, I didn't know that you could hide Icons too!!!

Thanks, You Rock!!!!
    Tim Warner, RN
    www.timwarner.com

moxie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300516E3

hiding main menu icons

how do you access something after you hide the icon... and how do you unhide it?

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF
    Show all the hidden icons by pressing the ALT or Half Moon key and clicking in on the trackwheel. Select Show All from the menu.

Unhide an Icon by selecting the icon or program, hit the ALT key and click in on the trackwheel, uncheck or select the Hide Application option. Your app icon will show up on the main screen again.

moxie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300516E3

unhiding

Quote Originally Posted by cbotd
    Show all the hidden icons by pressing the ALT or Half Moon key and clicking in on the trackwheel. Select Show All from the menu.

Unhide an Icon by selecting the icon or program, hit the ALT key and click in on the trackwheel, uncheck or select the Hide Application option. Your app icon will show up on the main screen again.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

Re: Changing the order of main screen Icons.

Thx U, Hydn! I didn't know that i can change the order of my icons. I always wondered if it could be done. Thx again.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Still...Does anyone know...what causes the icons to appear in a a certain order? Yahoo IM always takes the top slot. Others appear toward the middle or the bottom. Is it a factor within the program? Random?

joeharmon no está en línea Stack level 2

Does any one have this problem. I have a phone Icon underneith the am/pm and I have no idea what it is. It just showed up.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

First off, it's best to post new topics in new threads.

Are you referring to the top of your home screen? It's probably the missed call indicator which can be cleared by going into the phone app.

Al Ex no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Changing the order of main screen Icons.

Hi, everyone!
    Today is first day of using this device! Excellent phone - Thanks, RIM!!!))
    One question for Super Skilled Users in this forum ;-) ... In the main menu of my phone is absent Tasks - not hidden, absent absolutly.
    How can I to take advantage this function?
    OS in the phone - version 4.2

Thanks,

Al Ex

Quote Originally Posted by Al Ex View Post
    Hi, everyone!
    Today is first day of using this device! Excellent phone - Thanks, RIM!!!))
    One question for Super Skilled Users in this forum ;-) ... In the main menu of my phone is absent Tasks - not hidden, absent absolutly.
    How can I to take advantage this function?
    OS in the phone - version 4.2

Thanks,

Al Ex
    Go to Options>Applications, and eyeball the list of installed aps - see if it's there. If it is, then it's icon is somewhere! Depending on what Theme you are using, it could be on the main screen, or in a "sub-menu" called applications. If it's not there, then you can install it using your Desktop Manager.

Thanks, Mark.
    I didn't see any Tasks words in "Options>Advanced Options>Applications" ...((
    And I'm very sorry for the question, but - How Can I install this function (only this) using Desktop Manager.

Al Ex

Quote Originally Posted by Al Ex View Post
    Thanks, Mark.
    I didn't see any Tasks words in "Options>Advanced Options>Applications" ...((
    And I'm very sorry for the question, but - How Can I install this function (only this) using Desktop Manager.

Al Ex
    Desktop Manager is available as a download from your service provider, or it is available through links at the download section of PinStack. From your service provider, it's oftentimes bundled with the latest operating system for your Berry. That bundle is the best option. Download and install the software, just as you would any other software like a word processor or game. After it is installed, connect your Berry to the computer via USB cable, then start Desktop Manager on the computer. The DM software will spend a few minutes aquainting itself with your Berry; getting configurations, etc. It's all menu driven and clear. After DM is open and communicating with your device, there will be a window open on your computer screen. The far left icon should be "Application Loader". Double click on that and follow the clear instructions. It will allow you to install and uninstall applications as you feel appropriate. Have fun!

Unfortunately! Downloaded SP1, SP2 for 4.2 and 4.3, but loading through Desktop Manager does not begin. After choice Application Loader - checking Java and System Configuration, after - "The BlackBerry Deskyop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer is started."
    It can something be incorrect I do?

Al Ex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast