Is there a way to change the keyboard unlock on the blackberry curve from * ... General Blackberry forum

k9lover no está en línea Stack level 1

Changing keyboard unlock

Advertisement

Is there a way to change the keyboard unlock on the blackberry curve from * ,green phone key to a more secure numeric password?

Re: Changing keyboard unlock

Thanks for the help and the welcome!

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

And now that you have that, go ahead and download autolock from geekandproud.net to have your bb autolock everytime you are not using it
    -Antonio

I was reading other posts and it mentioned that if the password fails a set number of times that it will wipe the blackberry. I guess that should not be a problem since if this happened I could hot sync everything back in. Is that correct thinking?

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Quote Originally Posted by k9lover View Post
    I was reading other posts and it mentioned that if the password fails a set number of times that it will wipe the blackberry. I guess that should not be a problem since if this happened I could hot sync everything back in. Is that correct thinking?
    Yes sir, you set the number of times you can erroneously type your password, I have it set to 10, i never ever type my pw more than 3 times wrong, and is only if im driving while doing it.. heh!
    however if for any reason, say you forget your pw, you try 10 times, and then it erases the personal info.
    At that time, you plug it into your BB device manager (hopefully you would have a back up already), and restore the blackberry!.
    -Antonio

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

also note that there is a feature built into BBs that give your passwords a "time-limit" and they expire so always remember which password you're on ...also you don't need the auto-lock program just more crap that will take up space on your BB just set one of the convenience keys to lock or go into options and change the lock-out time to 30 seconds...either way your BB is secure without other programs on it to do that...hope this helps