Okay, As some of you may already know, I needed to buy a new, camera-free ... General Blackberry forum

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA

Changing Devices without a Computer

Advertisement

Okay,

As some of you may already know, I needed to buy a new, camera-free BlackBerry for defence work and today I did just that - I went and bought a new BlackBerry 8800!

Anyway, let me get straight to the point - I don't own a computer, so I'm having to MANUALLY copy most of my data across and whilst I can put up with this, there are two applications that contain a lot of data and thus I would like to ease the transfer process - those applications are the contacts and the memo.

Is it possible to send the memo and contacts data wirelessly (via bluetooth) from my old BlackBerry to my new one, so that I don't have to MANUALLY type everything in again?

By the way, in case you were wondering why the title of this thread is so generic, it's because I expect to have at least one more question in the near future, specifically relating to changing BlackBerry devices...

Thanks guys!

Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Well for the contacts, you could try sending the Vcards through BBmessenger.

The memos, you can copy paste and email them in one large chunk. (Actually, highlight a memo and hit menu, "forward as". This allows you to directly email or text text the messages. It also allows you MMS or PIN them) These will still take a while, but it's faster than typing everything in!

Honestly, the easiest way would to find someone with a computer/laptop, install the Desktop Manager, and use the switch device wizard. If that's at ALL possible.

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Yeah, I had an extensive play-around with both of them and they both seem to offer the ability to forward their content... To other people.

Neither application appears to offer any help for users transferring from one BlackBerry to another (I guess they figure everyone has a computer, and they're probably right in most cases) - I've only got the one BlackBerry-enabled USIM, making it hard to "forward via PIN" from one of my devices to the other...

I guess I'll just type everything in - I don't have that many contacts these days; it's the memos that'll kill me - whilst there's only a few, they're lengthy and detailed!

Maybe all this is a subtle hint that I should go out and buy a computer... LOL

~via my BlackBerry 8800 (wap.pinstack.com)~

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Oh, I was under the impression that you had 2 working SIMs. My bad. You could try forwarding it to an email account of yours, and retrieving it LATER on the other Blackberry. Or emailing it to a coworker and forwarding it to yourself?

And yes, Buy a computer! :P

brandonmccall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I suggest using Yahoo Go 2.0 to back up your contacts and Google Sync to back up your calender entries. Saves a lot time with re-entering those items,
    I do it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CybaCowboy View Post
    Okay,

As some of you may already know, I needed to buy a new, camera-free BlackBerry for defence work and today I did just that - I went and bought a new BlackBerry 8800!

Anyway, let me get straight to the point - I don't own a computer, so I'm having to MANUALLY copy most of my data across and whilst I can put up with this, there are two applications that contain a lot of data and thus I would like to ease the transfer process - those applications are the contacts and the memo.

Is it possible to send the memo and contacts data wirelessly (via bluetooth) from my old BlackBerry to my new one, so that I don't have to MANUALLY type everything in again?

By the way, in case you were wondering why the title of this thread is so generic, it's because I expect to have at least one more question in the near future, specifically relating to changing BlackBerry devices...

Thanks guys!

Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800.