I go back and forth a lot between my 8820 and curve. Is it possible ... General Blackberry forum

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

changing devices

Advertisement

I go back and forth a lot between my 8820 and curve. Is it possible to ONLY transfer messages from device to device?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: changing devices

do you mean transfer emails and text messages from 8820 and then later to the curve? I think so but you have to use DM and choose switch devices to do this. could be wrong

PIN/ID
    2457af8e

That's what I mean, yes. When I use the DM switch device, I have to reset all of my settings since I am changing from 8820 to curve and vise-versa.

I was hoping to be able to individually load the messages.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm not positive I really understand what you mean, but if you do a selective backup/restore using the advanced button on Desktop Manager/Backup_Restore, you can transfer only what you want. Back up the messages database on one and restore only that to the other. Reverse the procedure when change back. and don't forget to update your BIS account when you do the change.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2457af8e

Rc, thats exactly what i was talking about, just took care of it...thank you!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Glad we could help.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

uyoo9yo no está en línea Stack level 1

When you change from one device to the other, do you lose all the blooth setting?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

OK, the answer is, kind of, but it's a real PITA - and I would NOT recommend this if you're on a BES - in fact it probably will NOT work if you're on a BES!

First, you'd have to turn off the radio on both devices. Now, use the Advanced button in the Backup/Restore application and back up just Messages from the device you've been using.

Now, using the Advanced option, restore just the messages to the device you're going to use.

Now you can turn the radio on on the device you're going to use.

The problem is that a restore wipes out existing data. If you don't turn off the radio before doing the backup and you receive messages on the device you've been using immediately after performing the backup, not only do the not get restored to the device you're going to use, but the messages will get deleted when you restore back to the first device - never to be seen on a BlackBerry again (unless you have access to them and forward them to yourself).

One a message has been sent to a BlackBerry, it will never get sent to any BlackBerry again - for BIS anyway.
    JerryD