Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I had a 7520 that went bad and had another one that a friend gave ... General Blackberry forum

VROD no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    402623C4

Changed phones now no Outlook email

Advertisement

I had a 7520 that went bad and had another one that a friend gave me that I switched to. I swapped the sim cards, changed the phone settings and transfered the data to the new phone. Now the problem is that I cannot send or recieve emails from my office Outlook account. I have a home account (Comcast) that works fine.

Any suggestions?

the BlackBerry tech told me to do a hard forward on outlook but I'd preffer to just have the phone work as before. Has anyone done this?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Changed phones now no Outlook email

They need to activate your phone again on their BES server. Your BB admin should know this. Since you have a new phone, you have a new pin number. The BES is still looking for the old one.

PIN/ID
    402623C4

Sorry, very green here......

Who needs to activate the phone on the BES?

We are a very small company. I have access and admin rights to our server if that helps.

I did not have to change or activate anything (on our server) when I first activated my phone a year or so ago.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

How was your office account tied to your BB? Did you set it up on your provider's website? That's how your comcast account is setup right?

Usually when someone has a corporate mail account tied to their BB it is run through a blackberry enterprise server. That server communicates to your office email account and allows you to send and receive corporate mail.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    402623C4

They were both set up on the providers website.

PIN/ID
    402623C4

I was told it works much the same as when I access my work outlook at home Mial.companyname.com/exchange and then enter my password.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

Ok so you have 2 bis email accounts setup Comcast and your work. On the provider website is there a place to change pin and make sure your current device pin is being used? If your comcast email comes to your phone automatically I guess your pin is correct. That account is pushed to your bb correct? You don't sign in anywhere?

PIN/ID
    402623C4

Correct. I do not sign in anywhere to have my emails sent to the BB. It's forwarded automatically. My pin and IMEI are correct and where verified by teh Blackberry tech as to be the ones that are on the account.

It's really confusing. I check the firewall on our server and nothing is being blocked.

I'm ready to just try wiping the thing clean (default settings) and starting from scratch again and seeing if that does it.

The phone was a friends from another company (as was my first phone) so maybe there's a setting somewhere that I haven't found that needs to be changed????

PIN/ID
    312C4157

You've got me. Do you have separate mailboxes on your main screen? One for your comcast and ond for the work email? It should pop up by itself. Have you resent your service books?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Log into your BIS Account on your providers site. Delete the email account. Resetup the email account. All you should have to enter is your email address, username and password in. That is what I did and have no problems with my Exchange email. It uses POP instead of OWA though. Do you have POP setup for access from the outside? If no that is probably the problem and mine no longer uses OWA.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 10-08-2007 at 02:39 PM.

PIN/ID
    402623C4

I do have seperate accounts (Mail boxes on the screen).

I have tried to delete the account several times and and reinput the information. The account states its "Validated" but about 20 minutes later I get a meesage stating the account could not comunicate with the server or the account is not activated.

It's got be baffled. I'm still wondering if teh firewall on our company server is somehow blocking the communication between it and the BB because as stated earlier, I am getting my Comcast mail without issues.

I have also deleted and resent my service books many times.
    Last edited by VROD; 10-08-2007 at 02:48 PM.

PIN/ID
    402623C4

Quote Originally Posted by MWPatterson
    Log into your BIS Account on your providers site. Delete the email account. Resetup the email account. All you should have to enter is your email address, username and password in. That is what I did and have no problems with my Exchange email. It uses POP instead of OWA though. Do you have POP setup for access from the outside? If no that is probably the problem and mine no longer uses OWA.
    Yes I do have POP set up to access from the outside. mail.company name.com/exchange and then enter my outlook password.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

Quote Originally Posted by VROD
    Yes I do have POP set up to access from the outside. mail.company name.com/exchange and then enter my outlook password.
    When I use mine I have 3 parts to enter.

email address
    username
    confirm password

That sould be all that you need to enter. It should be able to find the rest out for ya.

PIN/ID
    402623C4

Yes that's exactly how I enter it. I've even entered the wrong information repeatedly and it brings me to a screen where I can verify the way it retrieves email from our server. It still states it's validated for a while the I get a "do not reply" message stating the account is no longer valid or could not communicate "possibly a wrong password". I checked and rechecked all passwords, email addresses, etc. and everything checks out.

Like I said, everthing else works (other email accounts, phone, web browsing, etc.)but my outlook account cannot send email to the BB.

PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

That is weird, you might have to go into the advanced tab on that email account and make the appropriate changes. Might be pointing to the wrong thing on your exchange server. That is about all that I can think of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast