Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 42

Awsome, I'm going to have to toy with that. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... General Blackberry forum

  1. #16
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042

    Advertisement



    Awsome, I'm going to have to toy with that.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  2. #17
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    So I installed the language packs, it works great. Now I won't have as much trouble texting my Hispanic coworkers. Should have told me to continue holding ALT to bring up a whole list. Couldn't figure out at first why it kept going to African and I couldn't get back to english. Definatly fun.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  3. #18
    neondeception's Avatar
    neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    So I installed the language packs, it works great. Now I won't have as much trouble texting my Hispanic coworkers. Should have told me to continue holding ALT to bring up a whole list. Couldn't figure out at first why it kept going to African and I couldn't get back to english. Definatly fun.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Sorry, I am new to writing how to type stuff. I am learning though.

  4. #19
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    That's fine, I'm starting to have fun with the language packs. I've got a couple more shortcuts but I can't get them to work on the 8100. Maybe you'l have more luck.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  5. #20
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    If you hold down ALT, caps, and push the delete button, it's supposed to restart your BB. Still trying to get it to work, if anyone does, let me know.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  6. #21
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    Alrigt, i finally got it to work, if you hold down ALT and press l,g,l,g, you'll pull up an event log that will let you know errors and stuff, and you can clear up some memory.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  7. #22
    CybaCowboy's Avatar
    CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    If you hold down ALT, caps, and push the delete button, it's supposed to restart your BB. Still trying to get it to work, if anyone does, let me know.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Press-and-hold "Alt", then press-and-hold the left shift button, then press-and-hold "Del"...

    On some newer models, you may need to press-and-hold "Alt", then press-and-hold the right shift button, then press-and-hold "Del" instead.



    ~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

  8. #23
    neondeception's Avatar
    neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    Alrigt, i finally got it to work, if you hold down ALT and press l,g,l,g, you'll pull up an event log that will let you know errors and stuff, and you can clear up some memory.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had a pinstacker tell me this a few months ago, before I joined, that is how I found PinStack. Lol

    She told me that and saved me a lot of headache. I make it show no alerts at all so I don't have to keep deleting it.

  9. #24
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    Nice. Definatly a good way to save a bit of memory. I might just do that myself.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  10. #25
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by CybaCowboy View Post
    Press-and-hold "Alt", then press-and-hold the left shift button, then press-and-hold "Del"...

    On some newer models, you may need to press-and-hold "Alt", then press-and-hold the right shift button, then press-and-hold "Del" instead.



    ~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~
    I think the problem for me lies with the 8100, I don't think the pearl does the reset trick. I've tried a few extra combinations with no luck at all.

  11. #26
    volscian's Avatar
    volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by shuff7 View Post
    Anyone know how to change the battery meter to display in percentage instead of bars? I've seen it that way with certain themes but never heard of changing it like you can the signal strength meter.
    Still working on the battery meter, that would be nice but I'm having no luck. I can find all kinds of hacks for the palm, but I don't think the programs would work on the BB. I understand that certain themes can be set up that way though.

  12. #27
    adam917's Avatar
    adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    166
    Are figures above -50 dBm common? AT&T recently installed 850 MHz antennae in our subway & I sometimes see -19 dBm but average around -25 in a station.

  13. #28
    puppylove's Avatar
    puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    52
    THe lower the number, the better the signal, right? Thanks for the shortcut.

  14. #29
    chokem's Avatar
    chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Posts
    11,481
    I guess this only works for the 8100, huh?

  15. #30
    CybaCowboy's Avatar
    CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by adam917 View Post
    Are figures above -50 dBm common? AT&T recently installed 850 MHz antennae in our subway & I sometimes see -19 dBm but average around -25 in a station.
    -19 and -25 seems awfully low - at four signal bars, I average around -80!

    I'm no decibels expert, but even -25 seems on the extremely low side of things...


    Quote Originally Posted by puppylove View Post
    THe lower the number, the better the signal, right?
    No, it's one of those reverse measuring things; -80 is better than -40, -40 is better than -20, and so forth...



    ~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •