Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Don't know if this has been posted around, I just found it a few minutes ... General Blackberry forum

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5

Change your signal meter

Advertisement

Don't know if this has been posted around, I just found it a few minutes ago...At the home screen if you hold Alt and press 'N'M'L'L' it will change your signal meter from bars to decibles. Just enter it again to disable it.

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Yeah, I posted above this over at the Australian BlackBerry Forums (http://www.blackberryforums.com.au and http://wap.blackberryforums.com.au)...

Not much point for day-to-day use, but interesting to know though.

I'm not too familiar with decibels, but I believe 70-80-ish decibels is about normal... Might have to search it up though.

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

shuff7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone know how to change the battery meter to display in percentage instead of bars? I've seen it that way with certain themes but never heard of changing it like you can the signal strength meter.

That would be nice. I don't do much with my time, I'll likely spend a few hours looking now and if I find it I'll post it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by CybaCowboy View Post
    Yeah, I posted above this over at the Australian BlackBerry Forums (http://www.blackberryforums.com.au and http://wap.blackberryforums.com.au)...

Not much point for day-to-day use, but interesting to know though.

I'm not too familiar with decibels, but I believe 70-80-ish decibels is about normal... Might have to search it up though.

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~
    What theme are yall using when you change the meter, because when Im using a non factory installed theme the meter just disappears?

neondeception no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted around, I just found it a few minutes ago...At the home screen if you hold Alt and press 'N'M'L'L' it will change your signal meter from bars to decibles. Just enter it again to disable it.
    What phonen is this on? It didn't work for my 8100.
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

I'm on a 8100 and it works perfectly. You have to double tap the n button otherwise it thinks you're pushing b. Just like multitap. Hope that helps you out.

As for the non factory theme I haven't tried that yet but I'll try a couple different themes and are what I get.

Thumbs up

I'm on a 8100 and it works perfectly. You have to double tap the n button otherwise it thinks you're pushing b. Just like multitap. Hope that helps you out.

As for the non factory theme I haven't tried that yet but I'll try a couple different themes and are what I get.
    Aha! That was it, I wasn't thinking in suretype
    Life is like a movie, you've sat through half of it and its sucked so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end to make it all worthwhile. you shouldn't get blamed for walking out early

Yeah, I was having a hard time with that the first couple times I tried it...
    I've a few more tricks and shortcuts laying around, I'll post them when I find them again. Need a little help getting one or two to work on the 8100.

One that I use often for fun when I'm texting my brother is changing the language. Holding alt and the bottom right enter key. I know that one isn't hidden, but its good for some texting fun.

Now does that change the language after you type it all in or as you're typing?

And for that matter, does it work on the 8100 cause I'm not having any luck.

Actually, now that I think about it I don't think I have any language packs other than English installed. Gonna have to change that when I stop home unless anyone knows how to do it ota.

Another quick shortcut is holding down alt and caps, then pressing h. Brings up a help screen with a bit of info such as your pin, battery strength, and a few other things. Some reason I can't reopen it, it's stuck somewhere in my background. Guess that happens when you tinker too much, I've about broken this phone. Any good word on the 8120 from tmo?

Now does that change the language after you type it all in or as you're typing?
    Works on the main menu and in texts. Changes it before you type, slot of it is the same.it dors not translate, just change some of the characters.

I am on an 8100.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast