Is it possible to change the default mail account on my BB? Currently it's set ... General Blackberry forum

ChaseMe no está en línea Stack level 2

Change default mail account

Advertisement

Is it possible to change the default mail account on my BB? Currently it's set to the provided address from Telus, but I'd rather it be my actual mail account. I've poked around the web interface and the BB itself and can't figure it out. Oh and I need to keep the Telus address as I do use it to a certain extent. Thanks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Change default mail account

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are you on BIS 1.8 or 2.0/2.1? (Sounds like 1.8 to me...)

With 1.8, you can mask your BlackBerry address with another email, essentially setting the "sent from:" field to be whatever you want.

With 2.0, you can select any of your email addresses to send mail from that account while composing a message.

ChaseMe no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks guys! I just changed the send to address on the default account (telus account) and it should do the job.

elduderino no está en línea Stack level 1

I just ran into the same issue... I've got a 7100t.

So, you cannot select a default email "from" address? I'm having a hard time figuring out where to set that. I didn't see that on BIS or the BB email client.

I have 3 accounts on my BB now. My T-Mo, my work and my gmail. Let's say I want to set the default send address as my work account. Now, it defaults to my T-Mo Blackberry and everytime I start a new message (not reply, but a new compose) and I have to scroll up to the "Send Using" and hit space until my work account comes up.

Anyone know where I can set a specific configured account? For the life of me, I cannot find it on BIS or in the device.

Thanks!

Oh, I'm running 4.1.0.309 on the 7100t

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~elduderino, you can do this and its pretty easy. Go to options-advanced options-message services and then select the address you want to use as the default "from" e-mail.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

With BIS 2.0 and OS 4.1 when composing a new message, after selecting a name from your address book as the recipient, then scrolling up and changing the mail account to send from, your BB will remember that.

So, if I use mail account A to send a message to friend A, then whenever I compose a message to friend A in the future, the default account will automatically change to A.

If you use several accounts to send mail to the same person, you will likely have to choose every time.

elduderino no está en línea Stack level 1

Very cool tips, thanks for the help guys!

trinybwoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F8984

an update to this...
    it has to do with the calender. i belive this only works with bb's starting from the pearl and upward.
    in the calender there is an option to invite an attendee , where it sends an email to the individual/s you inviting them to the event.
    from there you can accept or decline and it will update your calender automatically with the event accept.

my problem is that the email address it's sent from is from my gmail accout which i dont not want.
    my default email adress when i compose an email is my tmo bb address, which i want it be wen i send invites from my calender.
    does anyone know how to fix this?

sauser676 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242c4ef3

Thumbs up Re: Change default mail account

go under options, advanced options, message services, then select the defualt e-mail you want! Hope this helps!

fordpc no está en línea Stack level 1
    sauser,
    i've got the same problem as triny and the advance options default does not fix the invite adress.?

PF

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    How can you tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post

Are you on BIS 1.8 or 2.0/2.1? (Sounds like 1.8 to me...)

With 1.8, you can mask your BlackBerry address with another email, essentially setting the "sent from:" field to be whatever you want.

With 2.0, you can select any of your email addresses to send mail from that account while composing a message.

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Fyi. On newer os go to Options>advanced options>defaut services then choose default calendar if necessarry and default messaging. This second choice is what makes an email account become default.

Howeveer every once in a while I have seen it change. For example when I added a new email at a later date.