Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FCC: "Telemarketing to cell phone numbers has always been illegal in most cases and will ... General Blackberry forum

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Re: Cell Phone Number Release to Telemarketers

Advertisement

FCC: "Telemarketing to cell phone numbers has always been illegal in most cases and will continue to be so."
    but the bottom line is just put your number in the DNC registry and your are fine either way....

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Cell phone or land line, makes no difference to an automated dialer. I would suggest listing your number either way to be safe. With numbers porting left and right you never know. Keep in mind, it does not keep companies you do business with from calling you.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ it makes a big differnce to automated dialers, because of the LRN addresses. And digital. Like I said it is leagl now. I don't know where you got that quote from.

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

I had re-registered my house phone & both of my BB devices as well w/www.donotcall.gov. I'm also using a app. called, Berryblocker. It's awesome it block all unknown and private numbers as well. & it just cost $9.95.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ooh I want that app

br7ght_eyez no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203D15E9

that app sounds good.. Stop those annoying calls..

I manage an automated dialer for a call center. We call people we do business with. We call cell phones all the time if the customer gives it to us. To it there is no difference between a cell or a land line. It simply dials the number. The same with VOIP phones. A number is a number to a dailer... and those telezappers.. they don't work either.

I don't know about older BBs, but I just click the Ignore button when a call comes into my BB I don't want to answer. No need for a program to do that for me.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

i really dont' get many telemarketing calls on my BB
    i'm not really sure if thats because i'm on the DNC or not

Generally (and I am not in telemarketing, we call people we do business with) we get cells because customers give them to us to call them at. We also use our own cells for testing things like the messages and such on the dialer.
    I belive for telemarketers they get alot of thier numbers from phone books or other lists and most of the time, cell numbers simply are not in there.
    My Blog , My Flickr

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

OK, lets put this one to rest. It is not legal. Here is the post straight from the FCC web site:

The Truth About Cell Phones and the Do-Not-Call Registry
    You may be one of many consumers who have received e-mails saying you're about to be assaulted by unwanted telemarketing calls to your cell phone. Rest assured that placing telemarketing calls to cell phones is -- and always has been -- illegal in most cases.
    Why the Confusion?
    The confusion seems to stem from recent discussions in the wireless phone industry about establishing a wireless 411 phone directory, much like your traditional (wired) 411 phone directory. A number of e-mail campaigns seem to suggest that if your wireless telephone number is listed in a wireless 411 directory, it will be available to telemarketers, and you will start to receive sales calls. In addition, some of these e-mail campaigns suggest that there is a separate do-not-call "cell phone registry," which you must call to have your wireless phone number covered by the do-not-call rules. This information is wrong.
    Here Are the Facts:
    • Establishing a wireless 411 directory is only in the idea stage, at present.
    • Even if a wireless 411 directory is established, most telemarketing calls to cell phones would still be illegal. For example, it is unlawful for any person to make any call (other than a call made for emergency purposes or made with express prior consent) using any automatic telephone dialing system or any artificial or prerecorded voice to any telephone number assigned to a paging service, mobile telephone service, or any service for which the called party is charged for the call. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the number is listed on the Federal Government's National Do-Not-Call Registry.
    Contrary to what some of the e-mail campaigns are now saying, the Federal Government does not maintain and is not establishing a separate Do-Not-Call Registry for mobile phones. The FCC and the Federal Trade Commission set up the National Do-Not-Call Registry to enable consumers to reduce the number of unwanted telemarketing calls to their phones. The Registry covers both traditional (wired) and wireless (mobile) phones. The Registry is nationwide in scope and applies to all telemarketers, with the exception of certain non-profit organizations. Personal cell phone users have always been able to add their numbers to the National Do-Not-Call Registry either online at www.donotcall.gov or by calling toll-free at 1-888-382-1222 from the telephone number they wish to register. Registrations become effective within 31 days of signing up and are active for five years. There is no cut-off date or deadline for registrations.
    How to Complain
    If you receive an unwanted telemarketing call and you have requested your telephone number be listed on the Registry, you can file a complaint by e-mail (fccinfo@fcc.gov); the Internet (www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html); voice telephone call (1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322)); or TTY telephone call (1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322)). You can also mail your complaint to:
    Federal Communications Commission
    Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
    Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
    445 12th Street, SW
    Washington, DC 20554
    Your complaint letter should include:
    • name, address, and telephone number where you can be reached during the business day;
    • the telephone number(s) involved with the complaint;
    • the type of resolution you are seeking; and,
    • as much specific information about the complaint as possible; including the identity of the telemarketer or company contacting you.
    For More Information
    To learn more about the National Do-Not-Call Registry and the rules that enforce it, visit the FCC website at www.fcc.gov or the FTC website at www.ftc.gov.
    For more information about the proposed "wireless 411" directory, visit http://www.qsent.com/wireless411/index.shtml.
    For this or any other consumer publication in an accessible format
    (electronic ASCII text, Braille, large print, or audio) please write or call us
    at the address or phone number below, or send an e-mail to FCC504@fcc.gov.
    To receive information on this and other FCC consumer topics through the Commission's
    electronic subscriber service, click on www.fcc.gov/cgb/contacts/.
    This document is for consumer education purposes only and is not intended to

affect any proceeding or cases involving this subject matter or related issues.
    10/03/05

Federal Communications Commission · Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau · 445 12th St. S.W. · Washington, DC 205541-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) · TTY: 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322) · Fax: 1-866-418-0232 · www.fcc.gov/cgb/

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Thank You FFMIKE for clearing that whole thing up.

infernox no está en línea Stack level 3

Case closed...

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Generally (and I am not in telemarketing, we call people we do business with) we get cells because customers give them to us to call them at. We also use our own cells for testing things like the messages and such on the dialer.
    I belive for telemarketers they get alot of thier numbers from phone books or other lists and most of the time, cell numbers simply are not in there.
    I had a telemarketing job once. It was horrible. I made cold calls for a carpet cleaning company. You HAD to speak to the woman of the house (per my employer's rules), calls were made from a street directory I think it was called. Several times I would ask for Mrs. So-n-So and the man would say she's deceased. UGH. It was horrible and I swore to myself I would never have another job like that again.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

Never done anything in telemarketing, always calling people who already have business with the company. Doesn't mean we get updated info, so there is still the, they have passed.
    I would never wish telemarketing on anyone. Everyone dislikes those phone calls.
    My Blog , My Flickr

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Never done anything in telemarketing, always calling people who already have business with the company. Doesn't mean we get updated info, so there is still the, they have passed.
    I would never wish telemarketing on anyone. Everyone dislikes those phone calls.
    My philosophy is that I am nice until I have to say NO more than 3 times. Then I say Sorry I am not interested and hang up the phone.
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12