Good Morning Everyone, I am currently with AT&T Wireless and debating on switching service to ... General Blackberry forum

krisrarden no está en línea Stack level 1

Cell Phone Carriers

Advertisement

Good Morning Everyone,

I am currently with AT&T Wireless and debating on switching service to Verizon Wireless; can anyone spread any light on the good and bad of Verizon?

I want to get the Blackberry Storm (if it ever arrives); however, I want to know if it worth making the switch.

Currently, I have a Curve with AT&T and I love the phone, but it seems like AT&T hammers you with fee after fee and I am sick and tired of it and everything I hear is that Verizon is the best in the market.

Any help would be appreciated.

paulwallg13 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31a30a1b
    i had verizon a couple years back so im not too sure on how it is currently but i had a lot of disapointments from them and a lot of them came from their phone insurance and how shady they were about it other then that i they seemed to be a pretty good carrier and ive also heard they have gotten better about their past problems i was also thinking about switching back with them from alltel

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It all depends on where you are. I live in PA and it works perfectly. It is the best provider for my area. Not sure how it is in Texas.

doughboy4life no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have been with Verizon for a year now and have also had other  's with different carrier's I have to say as far as coverage It's the Network.Lol but it does cost me more money to have such great reception but I think it's worth it.

dgduffy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DBE5D5

best provider

If you use a lot of data you cannot beat Tmob - cheap and reliable.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I guess it depends on where you are, I used to have Verizon service before switching to AT&T. In my areas I can easily say that Verizon had better coverage and audio quality than AT&T. Actually, I don't recall ever dropping 1 call while on Verizon with my LG Chocolate phone in the last few years of me being a customer. I drop quite a few calls and get periods of audio dropouts while on AT&T. This happens with my 2 BB's and my Moto SLVR.

You do have to watch your bill though, they tend to make mistakes and you have to call in and get it fixed.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Like everyone else said, it will come down to what type of coverage verizon offers in your area. Generally speaking verizon has good coverage in most areas. The down side is verizon does cripple some of the features in their phones though, GPS being the big one. They want you to pay for it to use it. But I think over all verizon is a good company and they do have the best cdma network IMO. So as long as they have the coverage you need in your area go get your storm!

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    I've had VZ forever and love the coverage and the service. However, they nickel and dime the heck out of you so if you're looking to get away from that, VZ is not your answer.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by krisrarden View Post
    I am currently with AT&T Wireless and debating on switching service to Verizon Wireless I hear is that Verizon is the best in the market
    There is no one carrier that is the "best". They all have their pros and cons. I've used them all including Verizon. The key with any service is to always watch your monthly bill just like you would your Visa, Master Card or others to see that the charges are yours. It's not uncommon to find errors on a any bill, not just your phone bill, and usually they are easily resolved it you deal with them as the bill comes in. I'm currently using AT&T and T-Mobile. Each has made mistakes on my bill from time to time. It's just how it is and it's my responsibility to watch for that. Last month I was overcharged by 77.87 on my AT&T bill. I called in, they were very courteous, verified that it was a mistake on their part. The credited my account back for the 77.87 mistake, then on top of that gave me and additional $50 credit towards my next bill. So that is great service. I've never had either of them _not_ resolve an issue.

Now as far as cellular coverage is concerned , this is most important of all. As your phone is only as good as the signal it's being sent. Not all carriers can be good in every area. So if you are currently getting good reception, then it would be unwise to change carriers.

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I've been with Verizon for more than 5 years and overall I like their service, not the cheapest, but call quality is good and I have had very few problems. I live in Philadelphia.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by bbueding View Post
    I've been with Verizon for more than 5 years and overall I like their service, not the cheapest, but call quality is good and I have had very few problems. I live in Philadelphia.
    I lived in a different area when I had Verizon and I too had a very good experience. This is why I'm always stressing to people the importance of choosing a carrier that has good service and reception in your area. The carrier should be chosen first, not the phone. I used Verizon for four years and it was a great experience.