For the last couple of days, I have noticed a problem with the Cingular Network ... General Blackberry forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Cell Borders and Tower Switching

For the last couple of days, I have noticed a problem with the Cingular Network here in my area, at least with one tower. I am getting GPRS on this tower. This is not normal but does happen. What is interesting is that I can move a little and the signal will change to EDGE. How little movement is necessary, you ask? Well let me set the scenerio.

I live in a Motor Home here in north Texas. I nomally work on my PC in the dining nook. How ever I watch TV while laying on the couch. At the dining nook right now I am getting GPRS most of the time. If I move to the Couch, after about 30 seconds, I start getting EDGE. Back to the Dining table GPRS. Now if I put my Pearl down on the Left side of the Dining table, it will occasionally switch to EDGE. Back to in front of me, back to GPRS.

I downloaded the Diagnostic Utility posted in the download section by cp6169, to see what was up. Using the Cell Info, I can tell that by moving my BB 12-18 inches, I can switch Cells, between one that is working on EDGE and one that is having a problem and has reverted to GPRS.

Just thought you PinStackers might be interested. Never knew until today that I lived on a Cell Border.

Reposted due to Maintenance Problems on PinStack.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

smartphish no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ask me.

Re: Cell Borders and Tower Switching

It could be the same physical site, just a different radio. Usually, a cite will have several regular radios, and one or two EDGE radios for use with enabled handset. I hope that helps. PM if you need a more in depth explanation.

~via BB (