is there a "walk through" thread on removing all the possibilities? Originally Posted by catstide ... General Blackberry forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Catstide BB/software problem

Advertisement

is there a "walk through" thread on removing all the possibilities?

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    Catstide, I'll bet there is but I haven't found it yet. The only thing I found so far is this thread - it's a help but not a walk through to deleting specific items that CAN be deleted if careful. I'll keep looking.

Catstide,

Here's one that was created for the Pearl - I'll bet it'll work for yours but, a word of caution...BACK UP your BB before performing these type functions! See if that helps.

UPDATE: I realized that we're not off the subject but we ARE OFF the topic of this thread which is CrackMem 2, so let's get back on topic and I'll take the blame for aiding and abetting the crime.

not sure,i didn't do a before and after.i'm sure i did a little but i had already removed alot of stuff.i decided to do the"put it back" function to put my folder icons back in but when i did it and ran the dm app loader it tried to reinstall ALL the original operating software i just cancelled out of it.i guess i'll live with my plain folders.

well crap....my bb was just set back to factory settings with this

now it wont sync

now it wont sync
    Do you have a backup of you BB? Are you trying to sync you contacts, calendar,...what? What do you get when you try to sync?

tried to use backup......data not recognized by device

yeah my contacts and calender were cleared now it won't sync

What do you mean by 'factory settings' please?

CrackMem cannot remove all applications.

The ONLY thing that it can do is to issue a loader / nojvm and that requires tha you enter a password before proceeding. This will then, as you know, remove the JVM and give an error JVM 507.

Please give me some more information as to eaactly what you did.

OK, I have to admit that I'm getting confused by all your one-sentence posts. Take breath and write what OS you're on, what DM you're using and what you've done so far and what the results have been. Please be as specific as you can. I may not be able to help you but someone can given enough information. Thanks.

It's all yours Pete.

This is not CrackMem. CrackMem has no ability to be selective. It works ONLY on the Java folder on the PC.

It can launch Desktop Manager and as I said in my las post issue a wipe command for the whole phone after a password is entered.

I do no yet know what has happened to your phone but I do know that this was not my program. Why? CrackMem has been used about 200 times so far and the only faults have been on two PC where it has failed to find the OS. Once was because there were no OSs installed and the other because the user had move Program Files to another disk.

ok my os is in my device details in my profile.i did a removal as earlier stated in this post.it removed the icons on my folders so i did the option "put it back".when i ran dm again it reloaded my os.all my contacts and calender event were deleted.i tried to sync but it says "failed to connect to device.please make sure your device is properly connected.i tried to restore using backup and got "data not recognised by device.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    OK, I have to admit that I'm getting confused by all your one-sentence posts. Take breath and write what OS you're on, what DM you're using and what you've done so far and what the results have been. Please be as specific as you can. I may not be able to help you but someone can given enough information. Thanks.

It's all yours Pete.
    Thank you.

I will not leave here until we have some sort of resolution.

Did you read the help text that I posted in post #20 ? Specifically dod you carry out steps 5 and 6 before trying to upgrade?

i wasn't trying to upgrade my os ,so no i didn't follow those steps.

my device is connected but when i try to sync i get,"failed to connect to device.please make sure your device is properly connected."

ok my os is in my device details in my profile.i did a removal as earlier stated in this post.it removed the icons on my folders so i did the option "put it back".when i ran dm again it reloaded my os.all my contacts and calender event were deleted.i tried to sync but it says "failed to connect to device.please make sure your device is properly connected.i tried to restore using backup and got "data not recognised by device.
    I guess that you did not read either post #20 or the help text.

I guess that you also did not allow DM (you must be running DM 4.3 or earlier) to perform a backup before beginning.

You allowed DM to install your OS.

Here is what happened. When you pressed Put It Back BEFORE your launched DM, you connected your phone to DM with all the OS modules back in the Java folder and DM decided to do a full re-install.

In order to get your phone re-connected to DM 4.3, connect the phone and select Options and then Connection Options. Now select Detect my Phone and DM should begin the detection process. When you see 'Device Unknown' select USB and this should bring back the connection. This only works on DM 4.3 or older

my device is connected but when i try to sync i get,"failed to connect to device.please make sure your device is properly connected."
    This I do not understand. You must see the device PIN at the bottom of the DM window.

Try a different USB port

Try a battery pull and try what I said in my earlier post.

i'm running dm 4.3.0.15
    when i did that it said "please ensure that the device is connected properly"
    i select ok and it says usb device found with my pin number.
    but still won't sync

I do not understand why you were using CrackMem which is specifically designed for OS upgrades. It is this programs' sole purpose.

pin number is at bottom of dm
    doing batt pull now

i'm running dm 4.3.0.15
    but still won't sync
    Once the PIN number is recognized, then DM will implement the profile for that phone.

What do you sync to? Outlook, Outlook Express (Windows Mail under Vista)?

You profile says that you are running 4.3.0.97. If you downloaded .97 and your phone was running .15 then DM would immediately try to upgrade.

batt pull didn't help
    dm is 4.3.0.15
    bb os is 4.3.0.97
    i sync to outlook

disconnected usb and reconnected.it said device not found but it is connected with my pin at the bottom of the dm

batt pull didn't help
    dm is 4.3.0.15
    bb os is 4.3.0.97
    i sync to outlook
    Thanks for the info.

Right now your phone is being recognized by DM (PIN is displayed) but will not sync but it used to before all this started, soooo,

1). reboot the PC
    2). Make sure that Outlook is not running and locking out Outlook.pst
    3). Let's check the profile in DM
    a). connect the phone to the PC and run DM and make sure that the PIN is displayed.
    b). Select Synchronize and the click the Configuration tab. The select Configure synch.. Follow the Intellisync Wizard for your preferences and this should do the trick. You should now be able to sync again.

rebooted and reconnected....same results

and you went through the DM setup wizard for sync options too?

If so, then I am puzzled. DM is designed for connecting a BlackBerry and syncing it to Outlook. The phone says 'Connected to Desktop', right?

This just HAS to be a DM <> Outlook problem because DM <> Phone works.

We cann chack that DM <> phone works by clicking Backup or Application Loader and trying to install or uninstall any application such as Tasks or Brickbreaker.

Please try this and let me know what happens.

it went through the whole process(trying to add brick breaker back)said it was successful then i clicked ok....then it gave me the failed to connect message

i have to run for a bit(to the funeral home).i'll be back in an hour or so to see if anyone has any ideas.
    thanks

it went through the whole process(trying to add brick breaker back)said it was successful then i clicked ok....then it gave me the failed to connect message
    Something is happening here that I do not understand. I do nit understand how DM can install something, say that it was successful and then say that it cannot connect. Did Brickbreaker install correctly? Can you play it? Does it work?

This is getting to the pint where I am beginning to believe that somehow your OS installation has a problem. It may be best to reinstall from zero.

Since you have the OS installed on your PC as well as DM then you can do this easily. You can even use CrackMem if you feel that you wish to do so.

If you are planning to do this, PLEASE read the help text. It is not like other help texts because CrackMem is a very small program so I used it to simply explain what the program can and cannot do and a step by step guide for upgrading.

It is now 11:55PM here in Switzerland were I live and I have a full days work tomorrow.

If you are going to do this, then I would reccomend that you do it tomorrow if you want my help because I am going to have to go to bed soon. If you absolutely HAVE to do this today then I will wait with you.

brickbreaker did install

"If you absolutely HAVE to do this today then I will wait with you."

not at all....sleep is more important.i'll wait till tomorrow unless someone else wants to jump on board and try to help.

its killin me guys.......no ideas?

ok,finally fixed it
    evidently it was a conflict with the beta pocket informant.i deleted that app and it synced and downloaded my outlook stuff after reconfiguring the sync options.

hey pete6,
    sorry i ruined your thread on a great product.part of the problem was on my part by misreading your original post thinking this was software to remove unwanted portions of the preinstalled original os software.the other problem must have been a conflict with the new os i installed and the beta of pocket informant i had installed.since it integrates with the pim of the os,it must have had some problems because when i uninstaaled it i was able to set up sync with no problems and my "check your connections" message went away.again i apologize for making your thread look like there was something wrong with your software.i really do appreciate people like you making useful software and distributing it to us for free.
    again,thanks for your help.

hey pete6,
    sorry i ruined your thread on a great product.part of the problem was on my part by misreading your original post thinking this was software to remove unwanted portions of the preinstalled original os software.the other problem must have been a conflict with the new os i installed and the beta of pocket informant i had installed.since it integrates with the pim of the os,it must have had some problems because when i uninstaaled it i was able to set up sync with no problems and my "check your connections" message went away.again i apologize for making your thread look like there was something wrong with your software.i really do appreciate people like you making useful software and distributing it to us for free.
    Hey, I am SOOOO glad that your phone is working again.. For me, this is THE most important thing.

CrackMem has been tested (well hammered actually) by so many people before I released it over here that I was pretty confident that this was not a CrackMem problem.

If it is alright with you, perhaps a mod could edit all out posts from last night since they are not really relevant to CrackMem.

I am in agreement if you are.

The main points here are:
    1. your phone works.
    2. everybidy kept their cool.

Pete
    Last edited by jblackfish; 07-28-2008 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Originally posted in the wrong thread

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Catstide, I'll bet there is but I haven't found it yet. The only thing I found so far is this thread - it's a help but not a walk through to deleting specific items that CAN be deleted if careful. I'll keep looking.

Catstide,

Here's one that was created for the Pearl - I'll bet it'll work for yours but, a word of caution...BACK UP your BB before performing these type functions! See if that helps.

UPDATE: I realized that we're not off the subject but we ARE OFF the topic of this thread which is CrackMem 2, so let's get back on topic and I'll take the blame for aiding and abetting the crime.

not sure,i didn't do a before and after.i'm sure i did a little but i had already removed alot of stuff.i decided to do the"put it back" function to put my folder icons back in but when i did it and ran the dm app loader it tried to reinstall ALL the original operating software i just cancelled out of it.i guess i'll live with my plain folders.

now it wont sync

Do you have a backup of you BB? Are you trying to sync you contacts, calendar,...what? What do you get when you try to sync?

tried to use backup......data not recognized by device

What do you mean by 'factory settings' please?

CrackMem cannot remove all applications.

The ONLY thing that it can do is to issue a loader / nojvm and that requires tha you enter a password before proceeding. This will then, as you know, remove the JVM and give an error JVM 507.

Please give me some more information as to eaactly what you did.

It's all yours Pete.

This is not CrackMem. CrackMem has no ability to be selective. It works ONLY on the Java folder on the PC.

It can launch Desktop Manager and as I said in my las post issue a wipe command for the whole phone after a password is entered.

I do no yet know what has happened to your phone but I do know that this was not my program. Why? CrackMem has been used about 200 times so far and the only faults have been on two PC where it has failed to find the OS. Once was because there were no OSs installed and the other because the user had move Program Files to another disk.

Thank you.

I will not leave here until we have some sort of resolution.

Did you read the help text that I posted in post #20 ? Specifically dod you carry out steps 5 and 6 before trying to upgrade?

I guess that you did not read either post #20 or the help text.

I guess that you also did not allow DM (you must be running DM 4.3 or earlier) to perform a backup before beginning.

You allowed DM to install your OS.

Here is what happened. When you pressed Put It Back BEFORE your launched DM, you connected your phone to DM with all the OS modules back in the Java folder and DM decided to do a full re-install.

In order to get your phone re-connected to DM 4.3, connect the phone and select Options and then Connection Options. Now select Detect my Phone and DM should begin the detection process. When you see 'Device Unknown' select USB and this should bring back the connection. This only works on DM 4.3 or older

This I do not understand. You must see the device PIN at the bottom of the DM window.

Try a different USB port

Try a battery pull and try what I said in my earlier post.

i'm running dm 4.3.0.15
    but still won't sync

I do not understand why you were using CrackMem which is specifically designed for OS upgrades. It is this programs' sole purpose.

pin number is at bottom of dm
    doing batt pull now

Once the PIN number is recognized, then DM will implement the profile for that phone.

What do you sync to? Outlook, Outlook Express (Windows Mail under Vista)?

You profile says that you are running 4.3.0.97. If you downloaded .97 and your phone was running .15 then DM would immediately try to upgrade.

batt pull didn't help
    dm is 4.3.0.15
    bb os is 4.3.0.97
    i sync to outlook

disconnected usb and reconnected.it said device not found but it is connected with my pin at the bottom of the dm

Thanks for the info.

Right now your phone is being recognized by DM (PIN is displayed) but will not sync but it used to before all this started, soooo,

1). reboot the PC
    2). Make sure that Outlook is not running and locking out Outlook.pst
    3). Let's check the profile in DM
    a). connect the phone to the PC and run DM and make sure that the PIN is displayed.
    b). Select Synchronize and the click the Configuration tab. The select Configure synch.. Follow the Intellisync Wizard for your preferences and this should do the trick. You should now be able to sync again.

and you went through the DM setup wizard for sync options too?

If so, then I am puzzled. DM is designed for connecting a BlackBerry and syncing it to Outlook. The phone says 'Connected to Desktop', right?

This just HAS to be a DM <> Outlook problem because DM <> Phone works.

We cann chack that DM <> phone works by clicking Backup or Application Loader and trying to install or uninstall any application such as Tasks or Brickbreaker.

Please try this and let me know what happens.

i have to run for a bit(to the funeral home).i'll be back in an hour or so to see if anyone has any ideas.
    thanks

Something is happening here that I do not understand. I do nit understand how DM can install something, say that it was successful and then say that it cannot connect. Did Brickbreaker install correctly? Can you play it? Does it work?

This is getting to the pint where I am beginning to believe that somehow your OS installation has a problem. It may be best to reinstall from zero.

Since you have the OS installed on your PC as well as DM then you can do this easily. You can even use CrackMem if you feel that you wish to do so.

If you are planning to do this, PLEASE read the help text. It is not like other help texts because CrackMem is a very small program so I used it to simply explain what the program can and cannot do and a step by step guide for upgrading.

It is now 11:55PM here in Switzerland were I live and I have a full days work tomorrow.

If you are going to do this, then I would reccomend that you do it tomorrow if you want my help because I am going to have to go to bed soon. If you absolutely HAVE to do this today then I will wait with you.

brickbreaker did install

"If you absolutely HAVE to do this today then I will wait with you."

not at all....sleep is more important.i'll wait till tomorrow unless someone else wants to jump on board and try to help.

its killin me guys.......no ideas?

ok,finally fixed it
    evidently it was a conflict with the beta pocket informant.i deleted that app and it synced and downloaded my outlook stuff after reconfiguring the sync options.

hey pete6,

Hey, I am SOOOO glad that your phone is working again.. For me, this is THE most important thing.

CrackMem has been tested (well hammered actually) by so many people before I released it over here that I was pretty confident that this was not a CrackMem problem.

If it is alright with you, perhaps a mod could edit all out posts from last night since they are not really relevant to CrackMem.

I am in agreement if you are.

The main points here are:
    1. your phone works.
    2. everybidy kept their cool.

Pete
    i totally agree.i knew with all the sharp minds on this forum that my phone would be made whole again...i was a little surprised that i fixed it on my own though.