Well today I wanted to spring to upgrade to the BB 8800 on tmobile but ... General Blackberry forum

jhall1986 no está en línea Stack level 3

cant upgrade to the 8800

Advertisement

Well today I wanted to spring to upgrade to the BB 8800 on tmobile but it isn't there. I don't mind paying the full price. Has this happen to anyone else?

oBBsessed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: cant upgrade to the 8800

Same thing happened to me...my wife and I both have 8700g's and she wants to upgrade to either the Curve or the 8800--I'd like an 8800 myself. Seems I can only get one by starting as a new customer. Needless to say I don't really want to do that. I could get one unlocked, but I don't know if I want to go to the trouble--AT&T seems to have better coverage where I live and where I travel, and lately has consistently better phone selection...price would be higher but not prohibitively so. I really like T-Mo but lately, they make it hard to stay in the relationship.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Have either of you actually called TMO?

You really should choose your carrier with coverage as a top priority...

oBBsessed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Have either of you actually called TMO?

You really should choose your carrier with coverage as a top priority...
    Actually, I did call TMO...the rep first told me she couldn't sell me an 8800 as an existing customer, even at a full-retail price, but that I could go buy one over-the-counter from a TMO store; then she called stores in my area to ask if anyone had one on the shelf; none did, and apparently one store manager told her that they couldn't or wouldn't sell me one, either.

I switched from Cingular to TMO about four years ago because Cingular's customer service was lousy (I even talked to one rep who couldn't keep straight the difference between Bluetooth, the protocol, and BlackBerry, the device), and coverage in my area was about the same for both--not great but adequate, and this was in my pre-BB days when data coverage wasn't important to me. Now, it seems Cingular/AT&T has greatly improved its coverage and TMO has stayed about the same. I like TMO's customer service (up to now) and love the rate structure--I know, you get what you pay for, but I'm trying to pay more to get more (for a newer device) and they won't let me!

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

thats horrible... i would suggest that you might want to jump ship.. it might be easier with the new devices coming out soon.
    " Real talk comes from the heart not from the mouth "

_Todd_

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

if I'm not mistaken they discontinued selling the 8800. Your best bet is to check out the bBay section here on PS if an 88 is what you really want
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Why would they discontinue a NEW BB? Doesn't make sense.

toddone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

t-mobile to my knowledge is one of the first to get the newest bb's from rim and the marketing that they are preparing for is aimed at the newer berry's that are hitting the shelves soon...to sell more product..
    " Real talk comes from the heart not from the mouth "

_Todd_

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

The 8800 is still on the website.

stackapack no está en línea Stack level 1

MDS for Blackberry 8800

Hope I'm posting in the right forum thread.

We've recently begun rolling out some 8800's to our firm of roughly 130 blackberries. Unfortunately, MDS has been a real issue on these new units. We are running BES 4.1.2.25 on exchange 2003. Most of our users have MDS on an 8700 hand held version 4.1 and MDS 1.1.0.

From what I've gathered from reading some posts and Blackberry, the 8800 only comes with MDS 1.1.1. And this version can only function with BES 4.1.3 or higher and hand-helds running 4.2.1 or higher.

Has anyone encountered this and know a good way to upgrade? I.e. If we upgrade the servers, do the 8700 running 4.1 hand-held and MDS version 1.1.0 lose connectivity? Not a lot of answer coming from RIM.