Hi all. I'm trying to use 3rd party software to get streamed audio from the ... General Blackberry forum

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't stream audio... dunno why

Advertisement

Hi all. I'm trying to use 3rd party software to get streamed audio from the Internet to my blackberry, but for the life of me I can't make it work. I've tried using the freeware MFPlayer and the payware 5 Dollar mediaplayer, but they simply refuse to connect to the stream. The rest of the Internet works perfectly for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Can't stream audio... dunno why

How fast of an internet connection are you running? What carrier do you have. Most programs for streaming audio have a minimum limit of data speed to work. Minimum for audio is something like 64kbps and for video is at least 120kbps, but most streaming vids require 200 kbps.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

If you are trying to stream to a BB, I don't think it supports it. Plus handheld datarates aren't usually high enough to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubdub
    If you are trying to stream to a BB, I don't think it supports it. Plus handheld datarates aren't usually high enough to support it.
    Built into the device no, there is no flash player. There are programs to make this possible, such as radio bee and such like that, that is streaming audio as well. As far as speeds go that depends on carrier. TMO runs upto 144 kbps ( in some areas reported upto 200kbps) other companies are faster.

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2

Oh I see, must be the speed.
    I didn't know different companies offered different connection speeds. I tought EDGE was a standard worldwide.
    Thanks for your replies.

Edit: Now I'm curious: Is there any way to determine what my connection speed is?
    Last edited by asdf12321; 08-19-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf12321
    Oh I see, must be the speed.
    I didn't know different companies offered different connection speeds. I tought EDGE was a standard worldwide.
    Thanks for your replies.

Edit: Now I'm curious: Is there any way to determine what my connection speed is?
    yeah go to http://myspeed.visualware.com from your mobile browser.