The "documents to go" and "blackberry attachement service" are both there. Ok, now I'm more ... General Blackberry forum

sj022698 no está en línea Stack level 2

Can't open documents online?

Advertisement

The "documents to go" and "blackberry attachement service" are both there.
    Ok, now I'm more confused. Here's the deal.
    I can email a Excel, Word, etc...document from my Yahoo email address to another yahoo email address which comes to my blackberry. I can open it on my blackberry. However, if I go online and into my sent folder in my yahoo account and try to open that attachment I just sent, I get the message "the item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item"
    Thoughts???

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    your talking about on your PC/mac right?
    the browser you are using may not have support for that file type?
    ummm...
    I don't rightly know
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    You will have to save the file and then open it, if you are accessing yahoo through your browser.. This is completely normal. If you send the email to yourself with an attachment and get the email on you BB you can them open the attachment but would have to save it to your memory card.

Just like on your pc if you open the file you have to save it to your computer (and if you choose open it still saves it in your temp files on your PC.. So it is doing the same thing on your phone that it would do on you PC

Like I said normal operation
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Actually, I ran into this today. When I logged into my Yahoo! email on my BB through their mobile site, it asked me if I wanted to try their new mobile mail and I said sure, as it contained new features such as the ability to open/edit Office documents. I found an old email in my saved folder with a word attachment and when I clicked it, voila, it opened the file inside my BB browser.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    hey now, that's pretty cool!
    maybe I'll have to check out this new version of yahoo mobile mail...
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey