Frustrated newbie with an email question. I sent an email with an .mp3 attachment to ... General Blackberry forum

YMark no está en línea Stack level 3

Can't open an email attachment

Advertisement

Frustrated newbie with an email question.

I sent an email with an .mp3 attachment to my gmail account which was then sent to my Pearl. I opened the email and saw [attachment]. However when I select the attachment and click on the trackball, I don't get an option to "open attachment". I'm lost here.

I then went to my gmail site directly using the BB browser and saw the email with attachment. Still could not open it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW, I'm on T-Mobile if it matters.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Can't open an email attachment

YMark, When you went to the Gmail site using the Browser, which browser did you use? was it the WAP Browser, the Internet Browser or the MDS (BES Blackberry) Browser?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Also remember, all things gmail are not supported by T-Mobile or RIM, I had a case the other day where someone was not getting hyper links through gmail, and could not open attachments through or on gmail and RIM could not assist because it is not supported. We tried, but couldnt get it to work constantly, it was hit or miss.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It may have changed with Pearl, but the only way to get mp3 files is by downloading/opening them from a web link. As an email attachment will not work.

And opening from a browser has a MB limit restriction too.

If you have some web space somewhere (with your ISP perhaps), upload the mp3 file(s) there and then open them with the browser on your BlackBerry.

denniesmit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E76E0E

I have the exact same problem. I cannot open an attachment, but I use an Imap email server (.mac) so gmail isn't the problem.
    I've tried jpeg's and mp3's
    Anybody with a solution yet?

wmorimot no está en línea Stack level 1
    sorry if this sounds really newbie-ish, but here goes.

just got my first bb pearl from cingular yesterday.
    at work, installed the desktop software with the desktop redirector on my client PC. we have a SBS 2003 exchange server for our work e-mail.

been getting my work e-mail fine, but cannot view the attachments that were sent with the e-mail (tried .PDF & .JPG files)

we are a small company (10 people) with only 2 of us having blackberrys so the full BES would not be feasible for us.

just want to know if there is a "reasonable" way to view the attachments without the expensive Handango 3rd party software

west_rid_dad no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by wmorimot
    sorry if this sounds really newbie-ish, but here goes.

just got my first bb pearl from cingular yesterday.
    at work, installed the desktop software with the desktop redirector on my client PC. we have a SBS 2003 exchange server for our work e-mail.

been getting my work e-mail fine, but cannot view the attachments that were sent with the e-mail (tried .PDF & .JPG files)

we are a small company (10 people) with only 2 of us having blackberrys so the full BES would not be feasible for us.

just want to know if there is a "reasonable" way to view the attachments without the expensive Handango 3rd party software
    I spent a bit of time with BlackBerry support this morning and this was one of the issues I asked about. I was told that using the Redirector with BIS does not provide for the ability to forward mail attachments with the message. It is necessary to use Redirector with a BES server environment.